Art Show Submissions for Gen Con 2020
Gen Con will be taking submissions for its 2020 Art Show, November 4-17, 2019.
The Gen Con Art Show is a juried show. Any artist interested in applying will need to submit an entry which will be reviewed by an anonymous jury. Submissions will open Monday, November 4 and close Sunday, November 17, 2019. The submission link will appear on the Art Show page of this website (do not bookmark this page however). There is a $25 non-refundable submission fee.
Below is information you will need to know before you start the submission process.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES (General):
- Submissions are only accepted online through Entrythingy.com. Paper submissions will not be accepted.
- You must have an account in both entrythingy.com and gencon.com. You do not need to create new accounts if you already have them.
- There is a submission fee of twenty-five ($25) dollars. Fee is non-refundable whether or not artist is accepted into the Gen Con Art Show.
- Artist must submit three (3) different pieces of their work including title, medium and dimensions. Images should be of good quality and show diversity of your work. Work submitted must represent the artwork Artist intends to show/sell at the Gen Con Art Show and should give the jurors an idea of who you are and your point of view.
- Images should not have a watermark. This is an anonymous juried show.
- Image upload sizes are: Max file size of 5MB; min file size of 100kb; min size width of 500px.
- Image file types accepted: jpg, gif, png.
- Artists will be notified either way.
- Accepted artists will be required to fill out a registration form; the form will be emailed in January along with acceptance notification. The registration form must be filled out, signed, and returned along with full payment by the deadline date.
ART SHOW EXHIBITING PRICES:
- 2-Panel Table = $490
- 4-Panel Table = $655
- All work must be the creation of the potential exhibiting artist and should relate to fantasy, science fiction, horror, or the adventure gaming industry.
- Craft artists are prohibited. Craft art includes but is not limited to: jewelry, costume items, masks, ceramics, stained glass, and toys.
- Only the registered artist may sell the work; no retailers are permitted in the Art Show.
- Attendance at the Gen Con Art Show is required in order to display work/sell merchandise; Artist must be present and attend the show for all four (4) days.
- Artist must have an Indiana State sales tax license in order to sell at the Gen Con Art Show.
Below is documentation about the submission process including key dates as well as the rules and regulations of the Art Show which you will need to agree and adhere to if accepted.
If after reading all the documentation you still have questions, please send email to [email protected]