OFFICIAL HOUSING QUESTIONS THREAD
(Pinned)
2 4 5 6
2 4 5 6
Posted by helenbb

I would think that if you have 2 rooms at the same hotel, even if they are separate reservations, then you can contact the hotel in advance and let them know that you are togetehr and would like nearby rooms. Or even do it at check-in.

Posted by marimaccadmin

In prior post #13 of this thread, I posted how many rooms you could reserve per how many badges you have.

Posted by big12cowboys

marimaccadmin,

Your description and example don't match.  You wrote that we can have one room for every one or two badges we order.  Then you go on to write that "5-7 badges = 3 rooms, 7+ badges = etc..."  By the description, 5-6 badges = 3 rooms, 7-8 badges = 4 rooms, etc...  Just clarifying, if I have a group of 7, we can get four rooms, correct?

Posted by marimaccadmin

I just pulled that from the website, but I suppose you're right, if you personally bought 7-8 badges, it looks like you could, theroetically, purchase 4 rooms.

Seriously, don't do that.  Have everyone buy their own badges and try for rooms.  Relying on you alone to get 4 rooms is a bad idea.  Spread out the badge purchases and spread out the chances.

Posted by hawkeye marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
I just pulled that from the website, but I suppose you're right, if you personally bought 7-8 badges, it looks like you could, theroetically, purchase 4 rooms.
Seriously, don't do that.  Have everyone buy their own badges and try for rooms.  Relying on you alone to get 4 rooms is a bad idea.  Spread out the badge purchases and spread out the chances.
Exactly, This is what our group is planning on doing. Each person gets their own badge, that way the person with the earliest time into the housing portal will book the room.

Posted by glory excalibrax

excalibrax wrote:
So I have a question about doing multiple room reservations. Is it similar to Event registration where we can link our accounts and have that count for hotel reservations, Or do you have to buy 3 badges on one account to get 2 hotel rooms together?

You have to buy 3 badges on one account to get 2 hotel rooms together.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Ok I want to make this very clear, so there is no confusion.  Hotel rooms are booked ONE AT A TIME.  Even if you personally have purchased three badges on your account such that you are eligible to purchase two rooms, they will be booked ONE at a time.  That means that you'll go in, book one room, type in all the info, and then book your next room.  After you book one room, that second room in the hotel may be available, or it may not be, depending on what other people have booked while you were making your first reservation.  Secondly, you CANNOT guarantee to have two rooms "together" even if you make both reservations yourself in the same hotel.  Location of your room is something you'll request when the reservation is transferred to the hotel, and/or on check in, but is not guaranteed and subject to hotel availbility.

I just want to make that absolutely clear to people who are buying multiple badges thinking that will give them an advantagein booking adjoining hotel rooms.  It will not.

Posted by kjelstad

If I didn't book a rooms between January 6 and January 19 it says I can only book one room on the 24th.  will there be a later option to book a second room if the block doesn't sell out?

Posted by brewski

With three badges I can reserve two rooms. Once the first room is booked I go directly into booking the second room. Not having to wait for a new que. Correct?

Posted by glory brewski

steven_crouch wrote:
With three badges I can reserve two rooms. Once the first room is booked I go directly into booking the second room. Not having to wait for a new que. Correct?
Correct. 

Posted by renaissanceadventures

Shuttles from outlying hotels. Two years ago (2014) there were shuttles that went to and from outlying hotels on a regular schedule. Is there a way to access that information for this year, if it is still an option? What is the cost for this shuttle?

Posted by choriqueso

Woosh!

Posted by mikeboozer choriqueso

[This post has been removed]

Posted by jerbo

Does anyone know if any of the hotels on the strip have any rooms that are joining?(Like a door that connects two hotel rooms)

Posted by marimaccadmin kjelstad

kjelstad wrote:
If I didn't book a rooms between January 6 and January 19 it says I can only book one room on the 24th.  will there be a later option to book a second room if the block doesn't sell out?

As a VIG?  No.

Posted by marimaccadmin jerbo

jerbo wrote:
Does anyone know if any of the hotels on the strip have any rooms that are joining?(Like a door that connects two hotel rooms)

Most hotels have a few rooms here and there that are adjoining.  However, that's not something you can get when booking your room.  The best you can do is request adjoining rooms when the rooms are transferred over to the hotel, or when you check in.  It's really in my experience unlikely though.  The best I can usually do is get something on the same floor as my friends, and that doesn't always work either.

Posted by marimaccadmin choriqueso

shaven skaven wrote:
Payment Questions
#1: Can I use one credit card to buy the Badges and then use a different credit card to secure the hotels?
#2: Can the SAME two credit cards be used on multiple GenCon accounts? (My card(s) that I used for my purchaces also being used on the Wifes Gencon account and vice versa)
Thanks!

None of this SHOULD be a problem. Just make sure your credit card doesn't expire till after Gen Con.

Posted by ayoung98683

I'm planning on buying the tickets for my group of 4 attendees. With 4 tickets, I plan on reserving 2 rooms and would want both rooms to be at the same hotel. With the sequential registration process, I'm worried that we may end up in two different hotels -- can you provide any guidance on how likely this is to occur, or strategies to mitigate?

Posted by kjelstad

From what i understand you would be lucky if they are in the same area of the city.  Most people buy four separate tickets and each try to get rooms.  Maybe if you are planning on booking 15 minutes away you will be able to book two rooms in the same hotel.

So far it sounds like a rat race for the skybridge connected hotels 

Posted by glory ayoung98683

ayoung98683 wrote:
I'm planning on buying the tickets for my group of 4 attendees. With 4 tickets, I plan on reserving 2 rooms and would want both rooms to be at the same hotel. With the sequential registration process, I'm worried that we may end up in two different hotels -- can you provide any guidance on how likely this is to occur, or strategies to mitigate?

Look... you can try. But with the lottery the way it is you may or may not get that option.

Try for a hotel with a lot of rooms (like the JW) and you might be more likely to get what you want.

It depends on a lot of factors but the number one factor is what slot in the lottery you get. First 30 minutes? Probably you'll be okay. First two hours? Unlikely. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 4 5 6
2 4 5 6