tickets
Posted by anural69

I know they sold out, but is there a way to possibly get a Saturday ticket?  tickets be refunded or whatever?  I have a friend who procrastinated way too long obviously.

Posted by divachelle

To the best of my understanding, the only way to get a badge for sold-out days at this point is to find a company with which to volunteer.

Posted by turbostar

I'm not 100% sure either, they may surprise everyone and open up limited on-site sales for day passes, but I really think it's a complete sell out.  :(

Posted by divachelle turbostar

turbostar wrote:
I'm not 100% sure either, they may surprise everyone and open up limited on-site sales for day passes, but I really think it's a complete sell out.  :(

Yesterday's communication from GenCon said that they are "on-track to fully sell out of all attendee badges prior to the convention's opening and there will be no on-site badge sales."

Additionally, from their email: "once a badge type has sold out, no further badges of that type will be sold in 2017 and there is no wait list."

Posted by dreamitdoit

Furthermore, if you lose your badge, you're screwed, because you can't buy a new badge, even onsite.

Posted by roganca dreamitdoit

dreamitdoit wrote:
Furthermore, if you lose your badge, you're screwed, because you can't buy a new badge, even onsite.
There's no badge replacement possible? Now it will be the four scariest days in gaming.

Posted by mvotruba roganca

roganca wrote:
dreamitdoit wrote:
There's no badge replacement possible? Now it will be the four scariest days in gaming.
Oh...that is a bit scary.  I've never lost a badge before, but there's always a first time.  I would hope that replacements would be available, if you can show that you've lost yours.

Of course, this could lead to the scam of "Oh...I lost my badge...sure, I'll pay for a new one"  While the original badge was sold/given to a friend.  I wonder how this will be handled.

Posted by aquabunny mvotruba

voice_of_reason wrote:
roganca wrote:
dreamitdoit wrote:
Oh...that is a bit scary.  I've never lost a badge before, but there's always a first time.  I would hope that replacements would be available, if you can show that you've lost yours.

Nope, the website is clear that the only way to replace a lost or stolen badge is to buy a new one, which pretty much can't happen this year. 

Posted by mvotruba aquabunny

aquabunny wrote:
voice_of_reason wrote:
roganca wrote:
dreamitdoit wrote:
Nope, the website is clear that the only way to replace a lost or stolen badge is to buy a new one, which pretty much can't happen this year. 

Ohhh...that would be a unfortunate.

I am NOT trying to start an argument, I just want clarification.

This is taken from the website:
------------
Lost & Misplaced Badges & Event Tickets
We cannot replace lost, stolen or forgotten badges and/or event tickets. Please be responsible with your convention materials. Lost, stolen or forgotten items must be repurchased at full cost.
------------
I understand that NEW badges cannot be purchased.  I also understand that lost items are NOT replaced, but must be repurchased at full price.

What I would want clarification on is if an EXISTING badge is lost, can I at FULL PRICE, pay for a REPLACEMENT?  The information indicates that badges lost in the mail can be reprinted, the ability to generate badges is there.  If I were to lose my badge, can I pay for a REPLACEMENT...I would not be buying a new badge on site...I would be paying full price for a replacement...at least that is how I understand the policy.

If possible, I would really like to hear from a Gen Con rep or one of the moderators on this.  It would put me at ease knowing I could replace (at full price) a lost badge.  Again, never lost one...don't plan to.

Posted by dreamitdoit

Since there is no onsite badge purchasing option, I'm not sure how they would sell you a replacement badge. Logistically, where do you pay?

But anyway, we wait for an official response.

Posted by david campbell

The way I've always read the policy; if you lost or misplaced your badge you aren't actually replacing it... you are purchasing a whole new one.

Gen Con will only replace if it's lost in the mail (before signed for). This year with new badges not being sold onsite, it's a valid question that they are probably just now coming up with an answer for.

Posted by mikeboozer

Here is the policy:

Lost & Misplaced Badges & Event Tickets

We cannot replace lost, stolen or forgotten badges and/or event tickets. Please be responsible with your convention materials. Lost, stolen or forgotten items must be repurchased at full cost. It is recommended you check with the Gen Con Show Office to see if your materials have been turned in to Lost & Found before buying new materials. Gen Con LLC assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen or forgotten materials.

Gen Con LLC is not responsible for items lost in the mail (via the U.S. Postal Service) or items marked “delivered” by the USPS tracking system. If you chose to have your items shipped via USPS, we will reprint your badge and event tickets, as long as the USPS site lists your package as “lost” or not yet delivered. If you chose USPS and the package is listed as “delivered”, you will be responsible for purchasing a new badge and any associated tickets. Any returned mail will be available for pick-up at the Will Call kiosk onsite.

To be clear you can repurchase items that are lost, stolen, or forgotten. They are still in the system. We will replace USPS items if they are marked "lost" by the USPS, or if they were not delivered. If they are returned to us you can pick them up at the Will Call kiosk onsite.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mvotruba

Mike,

THANK YOU for the clarification.  My daughter & I are flying in.  I can't imagine one of us having our badge stolen/lost Thursday and then be stuck outside of Gen Con for the next three days, not being able to reenter, just waiting to fly home.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease.  Again, I have NO intent on losing my badge, I just want to know I have some way of minimizing the possible loss.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.