Gen Con Rear Guard
1 3 4
1 3 4
Posted by aaronmlopez

With our first official meeting last year, anybody have suggestions as to where we will meet after Gen Con 2017??? 

For those who don't know, Gen Con Rear Guard (we started the group, so we named it ourselves!) is a group of folks that get together the Sunday night after the Con is over to tell tall tales, share some food, Con stories, and possibly do some gaming into the night. 

This year we will be meeting in room 312 at the JW Marriott 4:30pm until?? 

Posted by austicke

Our group usually games in the Hyatt on Sunday night, but this will be the first year in a long time that I leave on Sunday due to the solar eclipse on Monday.

Posted by virtualwizard

I'm looking forward to meeting up again this year. The pizza place...Giorgio's Pizza I think... was great but the wait was overly long. Wasn't there another restaurant that was proposed but was full/booked so we went to Giorgio's instead?

Posted by virtualwizard

Or maybe it was Giordano's. I don't remember.

Posted by aaronmlopez

Yeah.. it was Giordano's... I agree that the wait was too long. Perhaps this year we can just sit at a hotel lobby, order delivery and game on... lol!

Posted by jlawry86

When you mean the Sunday after the con is over, do you mean the last day of the con (08/20) or Sunday of the following week (08/27)? Either way, I'd love to enlist in the Rear Guard if I can! Sunday always tends to be the most depressing day of the con for me anyways and this might be a good way to cope with it.

Posted by aaronmlopez jlawry86

alien_freak wrote:
When you mean the Sunday after the con is over, do you mean the last day of the con (08/20) or Sunday of the following week (08/27)? Either way, I'd love to enlist in the Rear Guard if I can! Sunday always tends to be the most depressing day of the con for me anyways and this might be a good way to cope with it.
We mean the last day of the Con (8/20). We'll find a place, hang out and swap stories, perhaps play some games. Stay tuned to this thread. All are welcome!

Posted by jlawry86

Awesome! Sounds good, man. I'll keep an eye (or two) glued to this thread in case there are any major updates. Thanks for the quick reply!

Posted by quarex

Any interest in implementing a Forward Guard regiment? ;)

I swear, I have been trying to stay the Sunday after Gen-Con for at least a decade, and not a single year have I been able to manage it. This year I finally decided to go all-in and arrive as early as possible since I once again could not stay late, though! Monday Before Gen-Con, here I come!

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? quarex

quarex wrote:
I swear, I have been trying to stay the Sunday after Gen-Con for at least a decade, and not a single year have I been able to manage it. This year I finally decided to go all-in and arrive as early as possible since I once again could not stay late, though! Monday Before Gen-Con, here I come!

I'm getting in very late on Sunday night, so; Yes!

it can be fun to run away wrote:
[/forums/22-general-info-2017/topics/6746-gen-con-rear-guard?page=1#25851ined] quarex wrote:[/url]

I'm getting in very late on Sunday night, so; Yes!

If you guys are open to the idea, then we could always meet on Wednesday night before "The Stink" happens to formally meet as "The Forward Guard". I'm taking the day off from work anyways to people-watch (Will Call is an event in-and-of itself) so I'll be looking for something to do either way.

Maybe hammer out the details of this year's Rear Guard meeting?

Posted by aaronmlopez

I will be there Wed, sometime around 3-4pm (or earlier). So I would be good with the Forward Guard any time after that.

Posted by icespark

I live in town, so may be able to swing meeting with the forward or rear guard.  Also have Wednesday off  :)

Posted by jlawry86 icespark

aaronmlopez wrote:
I will be there Wed, sometime around 3-4pm (or earlier). So I would be good with the Forward Guard any time after that.
icespark wrote:
I live in town, so may be able to swing meeting with the forward or rear guard.  Also have Wednesday off  :)

You guys headed to "The Stink" this year? I heard it's one of those can't-miss events at Gen Con so I thought I'd check it out. Maybe we can meet up there?

Posted by aldctjoc

Isn't the proper tactical name the "vanguard"? ;)

Posted by aaronmlopez aldctjoc

aldctjoc wrote:
Isn't the proper tactical name the "vanguard"? ;)

Probably... but that would probably be too technical and required too much thought for an "after Con" naming thing.

Posted by ifdirector quarex

quarex wrote:
I'm arriving Tuesday and could be up for something after 4 pm

Posted by virtualwizard

I'll be around for post-GenCon activities. However pre-GenCon, I probably won't be available until after 6pm on Wednesday 16th (airport arrival, hotel check-in and stuff).

Posted by psimon

I'll be in town the Friday before GenCon and leaving the Monday after so I'm down for a Forward Guard event and the Rear Guard.

Watching this space to see what develops...

Posted by braewe

Tuesday at Scotty's! We'll be there anyway!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 4