Facebook Housing Polls Results
Posted by gharris mbroadwater

mbroadwater wrote:
I didn't say it wasn't biased. I said it wasn't any more or less biased than the forums.

Fair enough. But that is also why I fill out the official Gen Con polls on neutral sites, not polls on Facebook fan sites.

Posted by austicke

Gharris, you think too little of those reading these forums. This isn't rocket surgery.

Posted by gharris austicke

austicke wrote:
Gharris, you think too little of those reading these forums. This isn't rocket surgery.

It isn't just the forums. Other casual Facebook readers and non-forum members will red this poll and think it provides valid information. Look at the past year in politics- it proves there are vast amounts of people, liberal and conservative, who lack the ability to objectively assess statistics and evaluate sources of information.

I also find it a bit curious that there were no question related to whether people preferred this year's housing changes compared to how it was last year and five years ago.

Posted by austicke gharris

gharris wrote:It isn't just the forums. Other casual Facebook readers and non-forum members will red this poll and think it provides valid information.

Don't be silly. It does provide valid information for what it is: a Facebook poll of Gen Con Indy group members.
I also find it a bit curious that there were no question related to whether people preferred this year's housing changes compared to how it was last year and five years ago.

​No need to be curious. We keep the questions identical from year-to-year and they were set the first year Gen Con introduced the new housing process.

Posted by gharris austicke

austicke wrote:
gharris wrote:It isn't just the forums. Other casual Facebook readers and non-forum members will red this poll and think it provides valid information.

Don't be silly. It does provide valid information for what it is: a Facebook poll of Gen Con Indy group members.

​No need to be curious. We keep the questions identical from year-to-year and they were set the first year Gen Con introduced the new housing process.

Fair enough on keeping the questions identical.

About being silly- refer back to my observation about politics, fake news, and Facebook. Silly exists my friend, even in otherwise very intelligent, well-educated people. I would like to think that the gamer population is better than that....then I run into half a dozen guys at a convention who can't correctly interpret a simple rule in a book, let alone a complicated example.

(Then again, based on my inability to correctly spell "read" in the passage of mine you quoted, maybe I am in need of help too!) 

Posted by selene314

FWIW, I joined the facebook group specifically to answer one of these polls. They are cross-posted to this forum with a link to facebook. And I think I saw a comment about hundreds of people joining this week. 

So maybe the sample includes a broader population than the title implies.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.