Event List Error Reporting (Pinned)
1 3
1 3
Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

This is where you want to post if you find an ERROR in the event list; say, a game is running 16 hours, or it looks like the title and the description don't agree, or it seems like the price is wrong, that sort of thing.

Please note that NOT HAVING A LOCATION is NOT AN ERROR.  Not yet.  We'll let you know when that's an issue. Nor is just having as a location "ICC" an issue, yet.  

What would be an error location now would be if you saw a location that was clearly incorrect, such as ICC, Senate II (Senate II being a room in the Westin), or possibly, if you notice two events in the same room at the same time, or an event have what seems to be an incorrect duration. So if you find anything that appears to be an error, please do let us know here so we can take a look at it and fix it if need be.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust

I think this is an error, personally, and I e-mailed the event staff, but I'll post it here as well.

My RPG event (RPG17103203) is scheduled at the same time as the preliminaries of the Star Wars: Armada tournament - the same tournament I specifically asked the event staff to schedule around in my special requests section.

I'm really hoping there's a way to reschedule my event for Saturday (to make allowances for the possibility of attending the finals on Friday), even at this late stage, because I've put too much time into both events (writing the RPG, practicing for the tournament) to miss either one.

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

I do see that you emailed events, so there's really no need to post here AND do that, just FYI.  If you've emailed events, we do see it.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
I do see that you emailed events, so there's really no need to post here AND do that, just FYI.  If you've emailed events, we do see it.
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Noted. Just making sure.

Normal
Small
Posted by joekupsky

I access the internet with my iPad...simply don't have a computer. Unfortunately excell doesn't rally load or load well on most tablets. Is it possible to .pdf copy of the event list?

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Nope, we will not be creating pdf copies of the spreadsheet. You can use the event finder, OR you can you a third party website that parses the information for you.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder father bloodlust

father bloodlust wrote:
I think this is an error, personally, and I e-mailed the event staff, but I'll post it here as well.
My RPG event (RPG17103203) is scheduled at the same time as the preliminaries of the Star Wars: Armada tournament - the same tournament I specifically asked the event staff to schedule around in my special requests section.
I'm really hoping there's a way to reschedule my event for Saturday (to make allowances for the possibility of attending the finals on Friday), even at this late stage, because I've put too much time into both events (writing the RPG, practicing for the tournament) to miss either one.

We can certainly fix it for you, but ultimately we can't really juggle schedules for folks across different groups. We don't have the time to cross-reference for individual games, unfortunately.

We'll address your email as soon as we have the chance.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by miked joekupsky

joekupsky wrote:
I access the internet with my iPad...simply don't have a computer. Unfortunately excell doesn't rally load or load well on most tablets. Is it possible to .pdf copy of the event list?
Go to high programmer site.  i also use an ipad and hos site rocks

Normal
Small
Posted by zaphod

The Pandemic Survival tournament has more semifinal slots than qualifying spots, something must be misaligned there.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust derekguder

derekguder wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:

We can certainly fix it for you, but ultimately we can't really juggle schedules for folks across different groups. We don't have the time to cross-reference for individual games, unfortunately.We'll address your email as soon as we have the chance.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

The part I bolded really frustrates me, because this is the first I'm hearing about this, and that request was part of the special requests section in my event from day one. It would have been nice to know this months ago so I could have at least attempted to make some preparations and try to better schedule my event myself.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder father bloodlust

father bloodlust wrote:The part I bolded really frustrates me, because this is the first I'm hearing about this, and that request was part of the special requests section in my event from day one. It would have been nice to know this months ago so I could have at least attempted to make some preparations and try to better schedule my event myself.

It is unfortunate, but we had more than 15,000 events to go through in preparation for today and the majority of special requests don't receive a direct response positive or negative.

We can't reasonably accommodate a request to check some other group's schedule for an event and adjust another submission relative to it. You can either contact that group ahead of time and coordinate with them or wait for the schedule to be released and make an adjustment at that point - which is exactly what you are doing.

Changes like this one are part of the reason we have some lead time from when the schedule is released to when folks can buy tickets.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder zaphod

zaphod wrote:
The Pandemic Survival tournament has more semifinal slots than qualifying spots, something must be misaligned there.

That was something I confirmed with FFG/Z-Man directly, actually. Most of the participants are pre-qualified from events prior to Gen Con. The qualifier listed is the last chance to get in and the only way to qualify at Gen Con specifically.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by zaphod

Alright, that makes sense, thanks.

Normal
Small
Posted by samlamiam

BGM 17115877 is listed in the title and game system as "Le Harve".  Should be Le Havre.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder samlamiam

samlamiam wrote:
BGM 17115877 is listed in the title and game system as "Le Harve".  Should be Le Havre.

Thanks for catching that - I've updated all their events, so it should be good now.

-
Derek Guder
Event Managere
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by stiehle

I was looking for something on Wednesday night and found a Firefly Board Game I signed up for, but I'm not sure if it's legitimate or not because there's no names, e-mail or any other information listed as to who is running it.

I know it's before GenCon actually starts, so I figured its location may be TBD, but contact information would be good to have.  In case the link above doesn't work, it's BGM17103578.

Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi,

It should NOT have been made active yet because I haven't had a chance to go through and approve Wednesday events, but, I should have the space for it and it should be placed eventually.  I will be going through Wednesday events either later this week or early next week.  Thank you!

Marian

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Whoops, I see 27 non-Trade Day events on Wednesday.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Yes, I checked on this just before I got on the road this morning, and most Wednesday events should not have been activated yet. I must have made a mistake in sweeping some of those up when I was activating general board game events.

To get to the point for the specific event, though, why would it not be "legitimate"? There is no requirement for GMs to announce themselves, without some other warning sign this event should not be considered less legitimate than anything else, so I'm a bit confused.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by samlamiam

BGM17109112 - the game system is listed as Epxress    Should be Express

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 3
1 3