Event List Error Reporting (Pinned)
1 3
1 3
Normal
Small
Posted by elvinlord

I thought the system was not suppose to allow overlapping events.  Every day of mine has overlapping events with the same start time.  O well I'll buy em all and sort them out later.

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi,

There are a very few events that do allow overlapping, such as tickets to the Board Game library; though if you have a concern that you were allowed to buy tickets that overlap and shouldn't, please do email customerservice@gencon.com and let them know.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder elvinlord

elvinlord wrote:
I thought the system was not suppose to allow overlapping events.  Every day of mine has overlapping events with the same start time.  O well I'll buy em all and sort them out later.

It does not - though some events do allow for overlap, like tournaments.

You can review your tickets in your cart and drop what you don't need before checking out. Remember: you can drop tickets for system credit online yourself, but if you want a refund to your method of payment, you need to contact customer service and there is a 5% fee.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

All the Monster Slaughter events are $0 yet state, "This event only accepts Generic Tickets". What does that mean?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

It means the events were submitted incorrectly.

I'll check with the company about whether they want folks to be able to pre-register for their demos or not.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by timjs21

I'm not sure if this was in error or not?  For quite a few events during registration I purchased one ticket for myself and one ticket for my friend.  My wish-list processed well before his did so that I had already had the tickets in my cart and completed paying for them.  On his wish-list he had those same events listed where he wanted one ticket for himself and one for me.  The system allowed him to make that purchase showing one ticket in his name and one in mine even though I had already completed my purchase for those very same tickets??  I paid AND he paid.  I thought the system was suppose to prevent that from happening.  Does one of us now need to refund tickets?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

That is not a bug - you are permitted to have up to 2 tickets in a single account to most events. It's just like you selecting "another ticket for myself."

Either one of you can refund any tickets you don't need.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by timjs21 derekguder

derekguder wrote:
That is not a bug - you are permitted to have up to 2 tickets in a single account to most events. It's just like you selecting "another ticket for myself."
Either one of you can refund any tickets you don't need.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
Okay.  Thank you for the clarification!

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder austicke

austicke wrote:
All the Monster Slaughter events are $0 yet state, "This event only accepts Generic Tickets". What does that mean?

This has been updated and the events are open to registration now, so anyone who was waiting to get a ticket to a specific time slot should be able to do that now.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Thanks, Derek.

Normal
Small
Posted by brooks marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
empj86 wrote:
ZED17116788 Play Magic the Gathering with Brandon Sanderson
SEM17121261 Q & A with Brandon Sanderson
Both say they start Friday at 1 pm.
You're right; those events were coordinated by different individuals, and it appears to just have been an oversight; I'll pass it along to be reviewed, thanks. :)
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Just wanted to check in to see if this has been resolved. Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by laohu1

SEM17121685 (Building a Mystery) and SEM17121698 (Immoral Women In RPGs & Why We Need More Of Them) both are scheduled for Friday 8/18 at 4pm in ICC Room 245.  It looks like there is a 4pm slot available in room 244 right next door to it though.

Normal
Small
Posted by jeannette

Thanks for the catch and notification. It was a typo and has now been corrected in the event details. Much appreciated!

Jeannette LeGault
Sr. Director of Event Programming
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by stahlnee

Issue resolved.

Thank you,
Edwin

New Post Sign in to write a new post.
1 3
1 3