Event List General Questions (Pinned)
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5
Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

This is the place in which you would post specific questions pertaining to the event list.  How to add things to your wishlist, what something means in a specific event description, what a specific location designation means/where it is, that sort of thing. Actual event errors go in a separate thread.

Please note that, even though the preliminary event list goes live on May 14th at noon, events will be added in every category, up to the actual convention, so please keep checking back. 

As of Sunday morning, here are KNOWN gaps in the events as of now, that would be relevant to large numbers of people.  This is not a complete list of everything that might be missing, or might be added later, these are just currently known issues:

Currently missing events:

Paizo/Pathfinder
Wednesday events - hopefully within the next week or two
FILM events
Industry Insider Events
Most Anime
Most Cosplay
Some KID events: Remember, KID events can run for free any day, and we have a dedicated KID area now; so we can accept late KID events pretty easily, but we do have more forthcoming.

50th GAME events: you'll see special 50th seminars and 50th tours, but not game events; we're working on gathering games of historical relevance to run IN the Horticultural Hall, but if you have anything you'd like to run in that area, please feel free to email events@gencon.com, and/or submit events.

Normal
Small
Posted by architectaubrey

In some of the Wednesday events it notes that the event is only open to trade day participants, how do I know if I'm a trade day participant?

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke architectaubrey

architectaubrey wrote:how do I know if I'm a trade day participant?

You'll know if you bought a Trade Day badge.

Normal
Small
Posted by puck1988

I noticed that the First Exposure Playtest Hall events have a $2 cost attached to their events. Is this correct? I thought I read that it was free for play testers. 

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke puck1988

puck1988 wrote:I noticed that the First Exposure Playtest Hall events have a $2 cost attached to their events. Is this correct? I thought I read that it was free for play testers. 

They were free last year and the First Exposure Playtest Hall page says they're free to play this year too. Sounds like an error—or the page needs to be updated.

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Hey folks,

The FEPH people did point that out to me just a bit ago and it IS an error, but it's odd because I did change that once; I'm going to go back and double check my revision history on those to see why that happened, but after that I will change them to be free, as they should be.  Thanks for pointing that out!

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Thanks, Marian.

Normal
Small
Posted by kosovodad

Okay, I'm not sure how to use the new "Find an Event" process.  I'm having trouble finding an event by using the keyword search. Everytime I search for "Dungeon World" I get numerous results that don't seem to have Dungeon World in the results, BUT, the real problem is that it's categorizing the results by "results that start with A", "results that start with B", etc. 

I do NOT want to have to do a search, and then hit every letter in the alphabet ... How do you search only by game system this year?

thanks for the help!

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Unfortunately, if you're searching for a phrase you need to use quotes.

Search for "Dungeon World" instead and it should help narrow things down a bit for you.

Results are displayed in alphabetical order by default, but you can change that to start time, etc. - but they will all have options you click on to display results within each category.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by kosovodad

Ok, thanks very much! Was using quotes in the instructions and I just missed it? If so, my apologies. 

Normal
Small
Posted by kosovodad

Derek,
One more question (and THANK YOU for your help). Is there any way to eliminate the way results come back in pre-arranged sub categories requiring me to click on "all A events, all B events" or "all THU 8 am events; all THU 10 am events," etc.?  

I just want to search for "Dungeon World" by Day, and have it list all the events in order, not sub grouped by days and time requiring me to keep clicking throug sub categories.

Is there a setting I can change for "show all events" or something?

thanks again,

Normal
Small
Posted by dynel

I have a question - I added a ticket for myself and "another ticket for me" (because I'm purchasing my son's tickets on my account) for all the events on my wish list.  When I process the wish list (assuming everything goes well and I get all my events), am I to assume it will process two tickets for my events?  I only ask because on my wish list page there isn't an indicator that I requested two tickets for any events (though when I go to the specific event page, both boxes are checked).  I know I'm probably being overcautious.

Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke dynel

dynel wrote:When I process the wish list (assuming everything goes well and I get all my events), am I to assume it will process two tickets for my events?

Yes.

Normal
Small
Posted by dynel austicke

austicke wrote:
dynel wrote:When I process the wish list (assuming everything goes well and I get all my events), am I to assume it will process two tickets for my events?

Yes.
Thank you sir!

Normal
Small
Posted by trueoak

Is there on-site daycare this year?  If so, where would I find the events?

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

There is not; the hotel you are staying at can probably give you some suggestions for local sitters you can hire for in room sitting.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by trueoak

Thank you.    I'm sure we will figure something out, but this changes things for my family greatly.   Is there any particular reason why this was discontinued?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder kosovodad

kosovodad wrote:
Derek,
One more question (and THANK YOU for your help). Is there any way to eliminate the way results come back in pre-arranged sub categories requiring me to click on "all A events, all B events" or "all THU 8 am events; all THU 10 am events," etc.?  
I just want to search for "Dungeon World" by Day, and have it list all the events in order, not sub grouped by days and time requiring me to keep clicking throug sub categories.
Is there a setting I can change for "show all events" or something?
thanks again,

There is no way to fundamentally change how the search results are displayed, no.

You may want to try the classic event search, or a third party web site like Highprogrammer or something - that might display stuff more how you're looking for.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by ewobrak

how do i add stuff to wish list first time doing this

Normal
Small
Posted by tpman14

Is there a way to add items to my friend's wishlists?  Right now I can add an item to my wishlist and select my friends (to make sure we all get in the same board game demo).  I was hoping that my friends could then see what I added (suggested) for us to do so we can all plan accordingly.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5