Event List General Questions (Pinned)
1 3 5
1 3 5
Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder father bloodlust

father bloodlust wrote:
Are the Guild Ball events that show up now all that are going to be at GenCon? It doesn't look like there's a big tournament or anything.

You'll want to talk to Steamforged about any other plans they might have, but I believe they are focusing mainly on intro events.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by asgelb austicke

austicke wrote:
Asgelb, after the wishlist processes, you can remove duplicate events before purchasing them.
austicke, much appreciated!

Normal
Small
Posted by ewobrak

will events be dark gray or light gray if sold out???  First time doing this so just making sure

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

It should function the same as it did last year, so yes, I believe.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by david campbell

So; looking at parking passes:

ZED17117512 is for a 5 Day Parking Pass (Wed Aug 16 to Sun 20); has 400 slots, and is $70

ZED17117513 is for a 5 Day Parking Pass (Wed Aug 16 to Sun 20); has 300 slots, and is $80?

I can't seem to find a difference, or why one is more expensive with less room? I'm thinking it may be a different location but I can't tell from the description.

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Sorry about that, total mistake on my part when activating that event, the price should now correctly be $70.

I'm going to talk to the parking people later today just to make sure we're on the same page about parking hours, etc.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by david campbell

Perfect; thanks! Gate Ten parking last year was a great money saver last year over parking at the hotel, and was very convenient. I'm planning on using it again.

Normal
Small
Posted by majord2185

Been a few years since I have set up this wishlist thing.  So lets say I want to do true dungeon between the hours of 10am thru 12 pm, So I put every TD event in my wish list for these hours.  If there's multiple available does it just give me the highest on my priority list or will it give me every event?

I didn't see this exact question asked.  if it was I'm sorry.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

If all the times overlap, it will only give you the highest priority available slot.

Even if you select non-overlapping times and receive more than one slot, you can edit your cart before purchasing.

Normal
Small
Posted by ethaesean

Let's say that I have in my cart Secret Hitler at 1pm on Thursday and Battlestar Galactica at 1pm as well on Thursday.  Secret Hitler is Priority 1 and Battlestar is Priority 2.

Will I be able to submit my Wish List as is and get a chance to get one of the two events during that time?  I'm just concerned it may fail because I'm submitting for 2 events at the same time for the same person.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

When your wishlist is processed, the system will go through it, in orders and attempt to add everything on it to your cart.

If there is a conflicting ticket already in your cart, it will skip it and move on to the next item in your wishlist.

It is assumed that there will be conflicts on your wishlist - the point is to allow you to potentially get backup events or fall-back plans.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by ethaesean

Great Derek, thank you very much for confirming this.  This is exactly what I was hoping the Wish List would do.

What web browser would you recommend I use when hitting the Submit button for events?  One year the browser was stuck after I hit submit and had to refresh and hit submit again.  Very disappointing to say the least.

Normal
Small
Posted by chasfinney

Noob question: Once I hit the button to submit my wishlist, am I committed to purchase all the events the system confirms from my list, or will I be able, after the list processes but before I pay, to drop events? Earlier in this topic you said one can drop duplicate events after the wishlist processes, so that makes me suspect that the answer to my question is "yes."

And  a related follow-up: Can you also confirm my interpretation of your event refund policy (excerpted below) as "I can ask for an event refund on any event up to 30 minutes before it starts, and it will be refunded except for a 5% admin fee"?

• Event specific ticket refunds/exchanges must be requested at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the event. Refund/Exchange requests received after that time will not be honored.
  • All event specific ticket refunds are subject to a 5% administrative fee for the total sum of tickets refunded. There are no exceptions. Refunds will be made back to the original form of payment.

Thanks for your patience with us first-timers.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Once the wishlist is processed, any tickets it was successfully able to secure are added to your cart and you can remove them before you check out, so you absolutely have a chance to double-check and drop things as needed.

You seem to be clear on the refund policy, too, so you should be all set - but if you do have any specific questions, make sure to drop a note directly to customerservice@gencon.com.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by kewlcaliguy

For the Werewolf and Two Rooms and a Boom ALL passes will they both only show 10 hours.  If in wish list and shopping cart will they block out other events at night for all nights since they start at 6 PM?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

They both have start & end times at the start & end of the weekend - and neither will block your schedule out, so they will be fine in your wishlist.

Also, they're unlikely to sell out, so you can just add them later, too.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke chasfinney

chasfinney wrote:Can you also confirm my interpretation of your event refund policy (excerpted below) as "I can ask for an event refund on any event up to 30 minutes before it starts, and it will be refunded except for a 5% admin fee"?

Basically, yes, but you actually have until pre-registration ends on July 2 to refund online without a fee. After July 2, you need to get a refund onsite at Customer Service kiosk and there is a 5% fee. You may only get a refund up until a half hour before the event starts. Also, refunds online are processed as a system credit. You can only get a cash refund onsite (except for generic tickets which are only eligible for a system credit, period).

Normal
Small
Posted by zaphod

Does the BGG hot games room work like the library where the tickets don't block you from ordering tickets for the same time period?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

No, they work like a normal event, as it's only a 2-hour window, not a half-day long, "come in/go out as you want" kind of setup.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by zaphod

Ok, thanks.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 3 5
1 3 5