Event List General Questions (Pinned)
1 2 4
1 2 4
Normal
Small
Posted by baxder ethaesean

ethaesean wrote:
Great Derek, thank you very much for confirming this.  This is exactly what I was hoping the Wish List would do.
What web browser would you recommend I use when hitting the Submit button for events?  One year the browser was stuck after I hit submit and had to refresh and hit submit again.  Very disappointing to say the least.

OMG thank you for asking this question! Totally not on my radar!

Normal
Small
Posted by affrinnian

I did not see this, so I'll ask here.  What happens if ALL the items on your wish list are already sold out by the time it gets your turn?  Can I add items to the list when it is/during my turn? 
Thanks

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

No, you cannot - if everything on your wishlist is sold out, you'll need to wait until everyone's wish lists are processed and then general registration will be open and folks can just buy tickets directly for each event they want (that has tickets available).

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke affrinnian

affrinnian wrote:What happens if ALL the items on your wish list are already sold out by the time it gets your turn?  Can I add items to the list when it is/during my turn?

You can add new events to your Wish List and process it again (you'll be put at the end of the queue).

You can also watch for any events on your list that are later returned. There is a lot of flux the first few hours as people book multiple events and then return extra sessions.

Normal
Small
Posted by tankboy04

sorry, this seems like a dumb question.

I am in a different timezone and creating my calendar of events. does the event list only show things in the correct (Indiana) time zone? or does it show my current timezone and i need to change accordingly. 

Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke tankboy04

tankboy04 wrote:does the event list only show things in the correct (Indiana) time zone?

Yes.

Normal
Small
Posted by ytuni

What happens to events if their minimum number of players is not met? Do you get there then get turned away or will it be canceled before hand?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder ytuni

clscadden87 wrote:
What happens to events if their minimum number of players is not met? Do you get there then get turned away or will it be canceled before hand?

That's not strictly an event registration question, so that should be spun off into another thread, but in short: it depends on the individual event. Some will cancel early, others will still run but hope that there are some walk-up players who meet the minimum. It's case-by-case.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by ytuni derekguder

derekguder wrote:
clscadden87 wrote:

That's not strictly an event registration question, so that should be spun off into another thread, but in short: it depends on the individual event. Some will cancel early, others will still run but hope that there are some walk-up players who meet the minimum. It's case-by-case.-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
Thanks & sorry. I was looking for another thread but am new to using the forum.

Normal
Small
Posted by evilemperorzurg

From those who have attended in the past, typically, how many events on your wish list do you actually end up with tickets.  This is our first year, and my wish list is a pretty full schedule.  I'm just wondering if I will actually get all? half?  one or two? none? LOL.  

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke evilemperorzurg

evilemperorzurg wrote:From those who have attended in the past, typically, how many events on your wish list do you actually end up with tickets.

Hard to answer because it so, so depends.

I usually get nearly all my events, but I don't often go for ones in high demand.

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin evilemperorzurg

evilemperorzurg wrote:
From those who have attended in the past, typically, how many events on your wish list do you actually end up with tickets.  This is our first year, and my wish list is a pretty full schedule.  I'm just wondering if I will actually get all? half?  one or two? none? LOL.  

This is really an impossible question to answer, because it varies based on where you get in the queue, and what events you are trying for.  Someone people will get every event on their wishlist, and, conceivably, someone could get none. I guarantee the amount you get will be somewhere between all and none, but I also guarantee that not every event will see out on event reg day.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC 

Normal
Small
Posted by evilemperorzurg

Thank you :)

Normal
Small
Posted by garhkal

It can also depend on how many events you are trying to get tickets for.  Take me for example.  As i am Dming 8 events, that only leaves me 6 i can play.  So i have 7 items in my wish list (INC parking with gate 10).  4 of those 6 events i have in my wishlist have 6 tickets being sold.  In the past when i have had that many, i've usually gotten around 75% of those, the others got sold out.

Some years i got them all, but in 2 iirc, i got only 1 ticket out of 8 i put in for..  Cause i had to click in the day after (Damn ship being at sea!)..

Normal
Small
Posted by elondria

If a friend bought my con badge, it shows up in my account kind of, will I be able to buy my own event tickets? Even though I didn't purchase my badge myself?

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke elondria

elondria wrote:If a friend bought my con badge, it shows up in my account kind of, will I be able to buy my own event tickets? Even though I didn't purchase my badge myself?

Yes. Yes.

Normal
Small
Posted by xcinx

I have a two questions hopeful someone can answer:

1.) I have my brother on my friends list and went to wish list two tickets for certain events for us both. When I go to look at my wish list, it appears to only have one ticket selected. Does the wish list only show the events selected and the quantity will up date tomorrow if and when we are able to get them?

2.) If my brother and I both create identical wish lists (with tickets for us both), will this create an issue? I thought that that would give us a better chance at getting the events we wanted.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

The wish list just shows the events you have on it, not the number of tickets. You need to go into an event itself to view that level of detail. I also assume you meant one ticket for each of you (2 tickets total) because I don't think it's possible to put 2 tickets for someone else on your wish list.

Creating identical wish lists with someone else is not a problem, though it increases the likelihood you'll get more tickets than you need, so whoever got the later queue position will want to drop those tickets from their cart once they're confirmed as purchased by the other person, to be fair to everyone behind them.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by xcinx derekguder

derekguder wrote:
The wish list just shows the events you have on it, not the number of tickets. You need to go into an event itself to view that level of detail. I also assume you meant one ticket for each of you (2 tickets total) because I don't think it's possible to put 2 tickets for someone else on your wish list.
Creating identical wish lists with someone else is not a problem, though it increases the likelihood you'll get more tickets than you need, so whoever got the later queue position will want to drop those tickets from their cart once they're confirmed as purchased by the other person, to be fair to everyone behind them.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Thank you for the quick reply.

The first question I worded poorly. I meant that, with him on my list, I had selected a ticket for me and one for him (2 total). The wish list only showed the one ticket, though I now understand it only shows mine. 

I was worried. Last thing I'd like to have happen is I managed a decent line number only to have screwed up the wish list.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke xcinx

xcinx wrote:I meant that, with him on my list, I had selected a ticket for me and one for him (2 total). The wish list only showed the one ticket, though I now understand it only shows mine.

As Derek mentioned, the Wish List doesn't show the quantity of tickets, it only lists the events for which you want to buy one or more tickets. So, again, your Wish List doesn't only show one ticket. You need to click on the event itself to view how many tickets you selected.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 2 4
1 2 4