Official Gen Con Event List Download Links (Pinned)
Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Links to download the event catalog: 

Please only post here if you are having problems downloading the list, or it's corrupt, or anything pertaining to the downloading of the catalog itself.  

THESE LINKS WILL NOT BE LIVE UNTIL SUNDAY, MAY 14TH, at NOON EASTERN

Normal
Small
Posted by kaledor

Am I missing the time slots or just not seeing them?

Normal
Small
Posted by kaledor

Never mind the time and date are together! I had to expand... LOL

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

I guess you're just not seeing them?  You might have to expand those fields in the excel sheet, otherwise they don't look correct.  Look at the titles at the top of the columns.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by parody

Since the date and time come out as text and may not easily convert if said text doesn't match your system settings, folks using Excel may find these two formulas useful.

The first converts the text into an Excel date value without using your system's date/time settings.  Sorts using the column will work properly and you can use the normal Excel date formats to display the result however you'd like.

The second formula converts the result of the first to text the way I like it, using "Thursday" instead of "08/17/2017", "Midnight" and "Noon" instead of 12:00 AM and 12:00 PM (respectively), and dropping minutes when an event starts at the top of the hour (minute == 00).  Nicer for display, but not suitable for sorting.

To use:

• Insert two columns to the right of the Start Date & Time column.  (It should be column N, making O and P your new blank columns.)
  • Select cell O2 and paste this into the formula bar: =DATE(MID(N2, 7, 4), MID(N2, 1, 2), MID(N2, 4, 2)) + TIME(IF(MID(N2, 12, 2)<>"12", VALUE(MID(N2, 12, 2)), 0) + IF(RIGHT(N2, 2)="PM", 12, 0), MID(N2, 15, 2), 0)
  • Select cell P2 and paste this into the formula bar: =TEXT(O2, "dddd ") & IF(MINUTE(O2)<>0, TEXT(O2, "h:mm AM/PM"), IF(HOUR(O2)=0, "Midnight", IF(HOUR(O2)=12, "Noon", TEXT(O2, "h AM/PM"))))
  • Select both cells and extend or copy/paste them down through all rows in the sheet.
  • Name your new columns and hide the ones you don't want to see.

Hope this makes sense. :)

Normal
Small
Posted by the1weasel

Aside from downloading the spreadsheet and doing a comprehensive comparison, is there a way to tell if the file has been updated?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

There is a field in the file for "last modified," but that does not distinguish between updated & entirely new events.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

I like to use this site.

Normal
Small
Posted by the1weasel

Sweet!  I'm monitoring it using VisualPing for push notifications hourly.

Normal
Small
Posted by dunhere

Perhaps next year the date and time could be in separate columns, for ease of sorting?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder dunhere

dunhere wrote:
Perhaps next year the date and time could be in separate columns, for ease of sorting?

I'm not sure I follow - how would that change sorting? Excel and any other spreadsheet program I've used has been able to sort that column appropriately, at least when it recognizes it as a date.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by ray57913 the1weasel

the1weasel wrote:
Sweet!  I'm monitoring it using VisualPing for push notifications hourly.

how do you have it set up to do that?

Normal
Small
Posted by galllahad

I don't see any Speed Dating Events with Publishers...  Are there such Events, and How do I apply??

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

We'll be working on those later - you'll want to contact the previous organizers directly about those for details.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

From what I've been told by the organizer, they don't make arrangements until after Origins. Details will be announced in the Card & Board Game Designers Guild Facebook group.

Normal
Small
Posted by ray57913

Is this going to be loaded on guidebook or on a similar app where we take in on our phone and add alerts for things we have tickets for or want to do.  

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke ray57913

ray57913 wrote:Is this going to be loaded on guidebook or on a similar app where we take in on our phone and add alerts for things we have tickets for or want to do.  

Gen Con's site is mobile-friendly, so that's their strategy. No alerts.

In recent past years, someone else has made a mobile app though.

Normal
Small
Posted by rrturner

When is the event catalog updated; is there a specific day/time, or is it just as events get added?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Events are added online as we activate them, there is no specific schedule for that.

The event catalog download is re-generated every 6 hours, I believe, though I don't recall the exact times.

Suffice to say that if you want the most current information, you need to refer to the web site, which is always up to date.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by ubermx

Does anyone know if we can search events by location?
Thanks 

Sign in to write a new post. New Post