How is parking at capital commons?gate ten or Uber
Normal
Small
Posted by warpi9

I'm trying to decide best option for parking and/or getting downtown.

I currently have parking passes at capital commons garage, but I believe it is sold out.  Anyways how is it parking there?  Am I going to be constantly circling looking for a spot since it's sold out?  I do arrive fairly early each day.  Thinking about doing gate ten instead but how's the walk from there? 
Also just considering using UBER, but are UBER Prices jacked up that week?  Or is UBER reliable, ie I won't have any problems getting a ride. 

I haven't been to Gencon for a couple years and those years I had a downtown room, plus they didn't even have Uber when I went. 

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

I just went to Gate 10 and did a tour of their facilities.  They're pretty impressive, and they'll be running shuttle busses from all the lots.  There's one about 2 blocks away that they might just make a walking lot, but most of it is shuttle bus service.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by garhkal

Once event reg goes live i will also use gate 10!

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

We used Gate 10 last year. We walked from parking past LOS to the ICC each day. It was a pretty easy walk, but the weather was great last year too. Not sure how I'd feel making that walk in the rain.

Our plan is to use Gate 10 again, unless we find a cheaper or closer for same price option.

Hope that helps,

Normal
Small
Posted by garhkal

I doubt you will find cheeper anywhere close..

Normal
Small
Posted by kidlidar

we also used gate 10 last year.  My wife is disabled and uses a walker for long distance (or a lot of ) walking.  They were very polite and accommodating.  I plan to use them this year too.

Normal
Small
Posted by bakermouse10133

That garage is used by the hotels....so I don't expect you will find any space there. Highly recommend Gate 10, we used them last year. The shuttles ran nonstop , the staff was friendly, and the lot was within walking distance (if you really wanted to walk). Plus it was cheeper than the garages.

Normal
Small
Posted by warpi9

Well I slready have reserved parking passes via parkwhiz for the fapital commons garage.  I was just wondering how busy it is in there.  Lines to get in, waiting for an elevator forever.

Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

I've used Uber in the past and plan to again this year.  It is easy and have had no problems getting where I need to go. Prices did not seem to be inflated last year.  I just don't think many gamers were using Uber last Gen Con.

Normal
Small
Posted by bakermouse10133 warpi9

warpi9 wrote:
Well I slready have reserved parking passes via parkwhiz for the fapital commons garage.  I was just wondering how busy it is in there.  Lines to get in, waiting for an elevator forever.
Far as I have seen since its hotel parking and close to convention center the cars tend to get there and stay put for 4 days, so I wouldn't expect lines. The only issue you might run into is if they block the entrances with barriers....which a lot of the garages do, and I never see an attendant out front letting pass holders in. You might want to call the garage and ask what to expect since you will be driving in daily. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.