High-Demand Games from 2016
Posted by danicia

Thanks for this list Derek!

If anyone is interested in running Mutants & Masterminds, Fantasy AGE, or Dragon Age, you can drop me an email at [email protected]

Cheers!

Posted by raiderdragon

Is there any Savage Worlds events that still need GMs?

Posted by derekguder

We wouldn't know, really - you would want to contact someone running Savage Worlds events to inquire - or submit one yourself.

There's no central list of games that need GMs, but some groups do have recruitment threads in this forum.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by ctpygmy1

Derek,

thanks for this information, it is very helpful in planning my upcoming submissions, all of which BTW, are systems on this list!

Posted by derekguder

Great! Glad it helps :)

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by danicia

Thanks for the updated list! I'll be pushing it to our GMs. :) 

Posted by jbrowder

I played in the TORG Eternity demo last year.  I'll be glad to run it...once it's out. 

Thanks for this list.  My group will be adding some of these board games to our offerings.

Posted by jd_alvey

>It's worth noting that "homebrew" would be in this list almost entirely on the strength of one Harry Potter-themed event, were it an actual system.

Hey, I just wanted to ask a clarification on this. So, you mean, that there are currently no actual rpg comapnies that have a Harry Potter-licensed game, but people are asking for the setting (regardless of system), quite frequently. Is that correct?

I tinker with a lot of conversions in my spare time from my favorite systems, so if that's right, I'd be very interested in something like this. I wasn't aware that 'homebrew' was an option for submission?

Posted by derekguder

There were 42 active events last year that just listed "homebrew" as the gaming system. I'll admit it drives me nuts sometimes as I'm trying to organize things, but the game system & rules edition fields are open text fields for a reason: usually because gamers are crazy and like to come up with wacky and weird ideas that don't neatly fit into drop-down menus.

Digging into the data a bit, "homebrew" actually has a few high-demand events: a Harry Potter RPG by Infinite Imaginations & two LARPs (one using Game of Thrones) by Iocane Productions.

Looking at them, there are two lessons I would take away:

• Harry Potter is popular. Respect it and run a fun event using the IP and you'll get some attention.
  • Both Infinite Imaginations and Iocane Productions have an established reputation and community at Gen Con, which is why their "homebrew" events are so well received.

I suspect players were showing up due to love of the IP and trust in the organizations.

If you like tinkering with systems, I would recommend listing your games as the game system they're based on with "modified" or something in the rules edition. "Dungeon & Dragons" as the game system and "modified 5th" as the rules edition, for example.

Does that help?

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by llenlleawg danicia

danicia wrote:
Thanks for this list Derek!
If anyone is interested in running Mutants & Masterminds, Fantasy AGE, or Dragon Age, you can drop me an email at [email protected]
Cheers!

Donna, any thoughts about events with the forthcoming Basic Hero's Handbook for MnM (e.g. combination make your hero and run a basic adventure event)?

Posted by bluemax

And I bet Dark City Outlaws makes the list for this year!

Posted by jd_alvey derekguder

derekguder wrote:
There were 42 active events last year that just listed "homebrew" as the gaming system. I'll admit it drives me nuts sometimes as I'm trying to organize things, but the game system & rules edition fields are open text fields for a reason: usually because gamers are crazy and like to come up with wacky and weird ideas that don't neatly fit into drop-down menus.
Digging into the data a bit, "homebrew" actually has a few high-demand events: a Harry Potter RPG by Infinite Imaginations & two LARPs (one using Game of Thrones) by Iocane Productions.
Looking at them, there are two lessons I would take away:

• Harry Potter is popular. Respect it and run a fun event using the IP and you'll get some attention.
  • Both Infinite Imaginations and Iocane Productions have an established reputation and community at Gen Con, which is why their "homebrew" events are so well received.

I suspect players were showing up due to love of the IP and trust in the organizations.If you like tinkering with systems, I would recommend listing your games as the game system they're based on with "modified" or something in the rules edition. "Dungeon & Dragons" as the game system and "modified 5th" as the rules edition, for example.
Does that help?
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

It does! Thank you!

Posted by john leavenworth

Derek,
I am interested in running ShadowRun sessions.

Posted by derekguder

Great! If you want to run your own games, just submit the details online. Make sure you check out the Host page and Event Host Policy.

Or if you don't have your own adventure or want to be part of a group, I'm sure that Catalyst would love the extra help to meet their demand, as well, and they could provide you with an adventure and a schedule. Just reach out to them and they'll get you situated.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by nascragman

This thread influenced our decision to go with A Lovecraftian theme for our Pathfinder event.  It's not Call of Cthulhu but if people are looking for something with that flavor...

Posted by mike tan

[This post has been removed]

New Post Sign in to write a new post.