Hourly Seasonal Position – Customer Service Assistant
Who we are
At Gen Con LLC, our mission is to create the world’s greatest place for tabletop gaming. At the core of what we do is producing the largest tabletop gaming convention in North America, held every year in Indianapolis, IN. Gen Con, “The Best Four Days in Gaming,” is 70,000 attendees, 500 exhibitors, and 19,000 ticketed events, operating 24 hours per day, in over 1.2 million square feet of event space in the Indiana Convention Center, Lucas Oil Stadium, and many surrounding hotels. Just as new technologies and a larger, more diverse set of audiences are driving change in the games we play and how we play them, we dedicate ourselves to creating and adopting the best tools and practices possible to support and showcase tabletop gaming culture wherever gamers gather, be it in the physical space of a convention center or in the digital space of our social media communities and streaming channels.
What we’re looking for
Gen Con’s Customer Service Team is hiring an hourly seasonal Customer Service Assistant to provide friendly and effective communication and assistance to our customers leading up to our 2019 convention. The position is approximately 35-40 hours a week for 17 weeks, running (tentatively) April 29 through August 23, and is based in our office in Seattle. The position also requires travel to Indianapolis to work the convention. Candidates should have a customer service background with two to three years of experience.
What you’ll do
- Act as point of contact for the Customer Service Team’s email account and phone line, answering customer questions, providing information, and resolving account issues.
- Work with proprietary tools as an administrator; providing account refunds, updating account information, merging accounts, and other administrative system duties.
- Providing support to our badge and ticket fulfillment process.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
What you bring to the table
- A background in customer service with two to three years of experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Detailed, organized, able to prioritize and solve problems. A strong self-motivator who can work in a team-oriented environment.
- High School or equivalent degree required. College degree or equivalent a plus.
- Knowledge of Gen Con; Attended Gen Con before.
- Interest in tabletop gaming and convention culture.
Working at Gen Con
Gen Con's corporate office resides in the Leschi neighborhood of Seattle, WA. Employment also requires travel to work the convention in Indianapolis, IN.
Gen Con does not offer relocation assistance or sponsor visas at this time. All submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter.
Compensation for this position is $16-18 per hour, DOE.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants only, please. No recruiters or agencies.