Gen Con LLC produces the largest and longest-running gaming convention in North America. Powering this annual event is a unique technology platform that supports registration and event planning for tens of thousands of attendees, event hosts and vendors, and online and onsite operations tools for hundreds of staff and organizers.
The Gen Con platform engineering team owns the development, maintenance and commercialization of this system and seeks a QA Lead to help ensure it delivers a premier experience for all stakeholders. You’ll join an existing Seattle-based team that is as passionate about software development as they are about gaming and serving the gaming community.
What you’ll do
- Oversee all aspects of Web and mobile app quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Review test strategies and see that all the various kinds of testing, like unit, functional, performance, stress, acceptance, etc., are getting covered.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures (manual and automated).
- Research new technologies, frameworks, and methodologies to incorporate into team’s processes.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of software testing experience in a fast-paced collaborative team setting, with 2+ years as a test lead
- BS/BA degree in a STEM field (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) or equivalent experience
- Broad knowledge and mastery of SDLC as well as testing methodologies and concepts
- Experience with mobile app testing, including compatibility testing across a range of device models and operating systems
- Experience with test automation and associated tool chain (e.g., Atlassian suite, Selenium)
- Self-starter able to take initiative and thrive in an entrepreneurial organization with evolving processes
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Working at Gen Con
Gen Con's corporate office resides in the beautiful Leschi neighborhood of Seattle, located on the shores of Lake Washington. Employment also includes annual attendance to the Gen Con convention in Indianapolis.
Company benefits include:
- Fun, flexible work environment with sit/stand desks
- Game-loving team culture with regular social events
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Good work/life balance with extensive vacation time, holidays, sick days, and three personal days per year
- Annual offsite corporate summit, which has taken place in venues in Portland, Whistler, the Methow Valley, Orcas Island, and at Seattle's Safeco Field.
Gen Con does not offer relocation assistance or sponsor visas at this time. All submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants only, please. No recruiters or agencies.