Technical Program Manager
Gen Con LLC produces the largest and longest-running gaming convention in North America. Powering this annual event is a unique technology platform that supports registration and event planning for tens of thousands of attendees, event hosts and vendors, and online and onsite operations tools for hundreds of staff and organizers.
The Gen Con platform engineering team owns the development, maintenance and commercialization of this system and seeks a Technical Program Manager to help ensure it delivers a premier experience for all stakeholders. You’ll join an existing Seattle-based team that is as passionate about software development as they are about gaming and serving the gaming community.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and other engineering team members to define feature requirements and success criteria that synthesize customer feedback, stakeholder input, and company vision and strategy.
- Drive project schedules from design to release, anticipate bottlenecks, make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, and handle the production launch.
- Serve as the “point person” for feature-related questions, tracking and communicating feature status across the organization.
- Perform user acceptance testing and validation of features.
- Track feature adoption and usage, sharing results with key stakeholders, and incorporating customer feedback into applicable future work.
- Create technical documentation including vision documents, presentations, technical specifications, and help documentation.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical program management for Web and mobile application development.
- BS/BA degree in a STEM field (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) or equivalent experience.
- Experience writing functional requirements and user stories, and delivering projects that meet rapidly evolving business needs.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Passionate about the growth and success of customers.
- Organized, detail-oriented self-starter able to take initiative and juggle many tasks in a fast-moving entrepreneurial organization with evolving processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish credibility with technical and non-technical stakeholders including executive staff.
Working at Gen Con
Gen Con's corporate office resides in the beautiful Leschi neighborhood of Seattle, located on the shores of Lake Washington. Employment also includes annual attendance to the Gen Con convention in Indianapolis.
Company benefits include:
- Fun, flexible work environment with sit/stand desks
- Game-loving team culture with regular social events
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Good work/life balance with extensive vacation time, holidays, sick days, and three personal days per year
- Annual offsite corporate summit, which has taken place in venues in Portland, Whistler, the Methow Valley, Orcas Island, and at Seattle's Safeco Field.
Gen Con does not offer relocation assistance or sponsor visas at this time. All submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants only, please. No recruiters or agencies.