What is Gen Con?
Each year more than 50,000 gaming enthusiasts converge in Indianapolis to share their enthusiasm in the experience and culture of gaming. The gaming community comes together from across the world to experience a vibrant exhibit floor, more than 11,000 gaming events, celebrity appearances, anime, film, an art show, and more! Last year, Gen Con celebrated its 46th year with an expanded Family Fun Pavilion, special guest appearances, and many exciting events.
Where is it held?
Gen Con will take place in Indianapolis, Indiana at the Indiana Convention Center from July 30 through August 2, 2015.
What kind of gaming events occur at Gen Con?
Gen Con is the quintessential "destination" for all types of gaming, for all ages. Attendees can participate in card games, board games, computer and video games, live-action role-playing games, miniatures, and more.
What other events are available at Gen Con?
The four days are full of plenty of hobby-related events as well, such as:
- Costume contest with more than 70 contestants
- Life size 10,000 square foot True Dungeon
- One of the largest sci-fi and fantasy Art Shows in the country
- More than 360 booths to visit, featuring more new product introductions than any other show of its kind
- Authors' Avenue
- Seminars, Panels and Q & A's with industry and media celebrities
- Family Fun Pavilion (area dedicated to families and main stream games)
- Training Grounds (area dedicated for children)
- eGame Arena
- Film Festival
For More Information
Contact Gen Con's PR Manager, Stacia Kirby, at or stacia(at)speakeasy.net