Media Applications, Guidelines & Policies
Gen Con will bring the best of the gaming, fantasy and science fiction worlds together at the Indiana Convention Center, August 17-20 2017. Gen Con is the place where enthusiasts come together with some of the industries best and brightest designers, manufacturers and distributors to share in everything gaming!
Other Points of Note
- Recognized print, broadcast, and online media outlets qualify for two press passes (with limited exceptions for size and scope of press outlet)
- Approved blogs/podcasting and genre organizations qualify for one press pass only (with exceptions for size and scope of outlet)
- Interviews with guests of honor will be granted on a limited basis. Interviews must be pre-arranged through the Gen Con LLC media representative and are not confirmed until you receive written notice.
- No photographs, video footage, or interviews can be scheduled with celebrity guests and spokespersons without the prior approval of Gen Con LLC.
- Gen Con reserves the right to deny an applicant a press badge if sufficient credentials are not submitted, or based on previous coverage experience with the show.
- Gen Con media credentials will not be granted to anyone whose principal purpose for attending Gen Con is, in our judgment, for reasons other than covering the show as working news media.
- Media accreditation is reserved for working members of the media only. This includes editors, reporters, producers, camera crews and still photographers.
- We reserve the right to modify this policy without public notice and to revoke previously issued Gen Con accreditation/registration at any time.
- A history of being registered as press at previous Gen Con events does not guarantee approval or waive the accreditation requirement. Misconduct or misrepresentation of position and/or publication/news organization may prohibit you and/or your organization from future Gen Con events in the capacity of press.
Radio/TV/Web General Regulations
- Live broadcasts must be arranged and pre-approved by Gen Con LLC.
- On-site signage is permitted only for exhibiting media, or for media with sponsorship agreements with Gen Con LLC.
Media Coverage Regulations
- Gen Con LLC allows media equipment in exhibit and program areas during posted show hours only, unless special arrangements have been agreed upon in advance.
- No media organization may take photographs or record images of, or otherwise use, an exhibitor's booth without the knowledge and consent of the exhibitor.
- Camera crews must not block the flow of traffic on the exhibition floor for any extended period of time.
- All photographs or footage taken at Gen Con may be used for editorial purposes only. Any other use requires the written approval of Gen Con LLC.
- No video footage may be taken during live programming and entertainment events without the prior approval of Gen Con LLC media personnel.
- Internet reports shall not purport to be exclusive or official coverage of Gen Con Indy though exhibitors retain the right to arrange exclusive media coverage with outlets of their choosing after approval by Gen Con LLC media representative.
- Reports cannot include proprietary material owned by Gen Con LLC inclusive of, but not limited to, interview transcripts, audio transmissions, video transmissions, photographs, or any other copyright or trademark owned by Gen Con LLC without the prior written authorization of Gen Con LLC.