Housing Terms of Service
HOUSING REGISTRATION – TERMS OF SERVICE
By requesting a room assignment through Gen Con housing registration, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the following Terms of Service:
- Housing Registration Dates
- Housing Eligibility
- Room Limits
- Online Registration Requirement
- Minimum Night Stay Restrictions
- Credit Card Requirement
- Modification Policy
- Cancellation Policy
- Hotel Deposit Requirement
- Room Assignment Management
- Miscellaneous Restrictions, Limitations, & No Warranty
- 1.Housing Registration Dates. Attendee housing registration opens at 12 noon Eastern time, February 11, 2018 and closes at 11:59 pm Eastern time, July 16, 2018.
- 2.Housing Eligibility. Gen Con account holders who have purchased one or more attendee-type badge are eligible for room assignments within the official housing block.
- 3.Room Limits. Account holders may request 1 room per 2 badges purchased (e.g. 1 room upon purchasing 1-2 badges, 2 rooms upon purchasing 3-4 badges, etc.)
- 4.Online Registration Requirement. On the opening day of registration, attendees must select rooms using the online registration portal (i.e. the “housing portal”). Attendees seeking ADA rooms can request “Accessible” rooms by clicking the corresponding checkbox located on the room guest information page.
- 5.Minimum Night Stay Restrictions. Minimum night stay restrictions are in effect for all downtown hotels. Requests for rooms in the downtown area must consist of three or more consecutive nights and must include the night of Saturday August 4, 2018.
- 6.Credit Card Requirement. All room requests must be secured with valid credit cards having an expiration dates later than the convention dates. The authorized credit card holder must consent to these Terms of Service authorizing the charge of applicable cancellation fees and hotel deposits.
- 7.Modification Policy. Room assignments can be modified until housing registration closes at 11:59 pm Eastern time July 16, 2018. Modifications are free of charge, provided the room assignment is not cancelled in its entirety. Possible modifications include change of hotel, room type, stay dates, roommates, guest contact information, special requests such as ADA Accessible room, and credit card information.
- 8.Cancellation Policy. All room assignments are subject to cancellation fees. Room assignments cancelled before 11:59 pm Eastern time, June 11, 2018 are subject to a $50.00 USD cancellation fee per room. Room assignments cancelled after June 11, 2018 are subject to a cancellation fee equal to one night room charge per room. Q-rooms LLC will be listed as the merchant originating the cancellation fee on the cardholder’s account statement.
- 9.Hotel Deposit Requirement. After housing registration ends on July 16, 2018, block hotels will charge a non-refundable deposit equal to one night room charge plus tax to issue reservations confirming the room assignments. The non-refundable deposit also serves as the reservation cancellation fee if the guest cancels with the hotel directly after July 16, 2018.
- 10.Room Assignment Management. Room assignments are unique and personal to the Gen Con account holder who purchased the badge and requested the assignment. Room assignments cannot be transferred, traded, or otherwise re-assigned among Gen Con accounts, and room assignments connected to one Gen Con account will remain associated with the account until housing registration closes or the room assignment is cancelled.
- 11.Miscellaneous Restrictions, Limitations, & No Warranty. Purchase of a Gen Con badge does not guarantee a hotel room assignment within the official housing block. A Gen Con room assignment does not guarantee a hotel reservation. When housing registration closes, room assignments will be transferred to the hotels for reservations handling & deposits capture. Neither Gen Con LLC nor Q-rooms LLC are responsible for hotel handling of guest reservations, deposits, related room billing, provision of lodging accommodations, guest services, and customer satisfaction. Q-rooms’ financial liability for room assignments is limited to fees assessed in accordance with the cancellation policy. No warranty of service is expressed or implied.
Access to the Gen Con housing portal is granted exclusively for personal, non-commercial usage. Unauthorized and/or improper access and use of the housing portal website will result in forfeiture of housing eligibility and cancellation of room assignments at Gen Con’s sole discretion.
Gen Con account holders are liable for cancellation fees assessed in connection with room assignments associated with their account. If a credit card securing a room assignment is declined, the Gen Con account holder remains responsible for paying the required fees or deposits.
Gen Con reserves the right to cancel without advance notice any room assignment made in violation of convention policy and/or these Terms of Service.