Hotel lottery?
Posted by kevinrg

Going to feel bad for those that sorted by nearest and then booked a room at that one that was like 10 miles away, but was showing 1st.

Posted by rich

Nope, nothing Downtown available.

Posted by austicke jimdigris

jimdigris wrote:Does anyone know who was running https://genconhotels.com/ from last year?  It's separate from the Gencon site.  It gives room availability at a glance. 

It'll be up soon.

Posted by llenlleawg austicke

austicke wrote:
jimdigris wrote:Does anyone know who was running https://genconhotels.com/ from last year?  It's separate from the Gencon site.  It gives room availability at a glance. 

It'll be up soon.
It's up now!

Posted by rhapsodic_college_dropout

All rooms gone

Posted by rhapsodic_college_dropout rhapsodic_college_dropout

For a Wednesday - Sunday stay at least.

Posted by llenlleawg

It will probably stay that way for a while, but eventually there will be "movement"! People change their plans, rooms open up and people transfer, leaving their old room open, etc. So, don't give up hope!

Posted by jimdigris

Gencon let us down.  

Posted by lore seeker

Notice posted on the room portal:

Due to enthusiastic turnout, the Gen Con 2023 attendee room block has sold out. Over the coming days and weeks we’ll be procuring supplemental inventory and making it available for booking on a first-come first served basis. If you were unable to obtain a hotel room on opening day or are looking to change your assigned hotel or room type, please check back periodically as inventory will become available through supply additions and booking cancellations. Thank you for your patience.

Second year in a row this has happened.

Posted by alkorahil

Just like last year.  Clicked on housing link at my assigned time.  Nothing left.

Posted by darkeldar

2:08, crossed fingers, but the downtown rooms were gone, by the time I could request a room. At least the east side hotel I typically end up staying at, was part of housing this year. Think the rate saved me a couple hundred from my stay last year.

Posted by quarex

The thing that I do not understand is that the VIGs warned them that there was a weird secondary queue system last month, but apparently they did not believe us?

Or I guess people's concern might be more how long the wait is, but it sounds like the "wait for your time to wait for your time" is the issue, which we definitely complained about in January. 

Posted by squirecam quarex

quarex wrote:
The thing that I do not understand is that the VIGs warned them that there was a weird secondary queue system last month, but apparently they did not believe us?
Or I guess people's concern might be more how long the wait is, but it sounds like the "wait for your time to wait for your time" is the issue, which we definitely complained about in January. 
I feel bad for people working today who took a break when their time came up but then were told it would be another hour. 

Posted by kevinrg quarex

quarex wrote:

Sounds like someone didn't listen to the VIGs.

Once they opened up the gates around 1250EST, the queue went fast.  I was at like 600 for 15 minutes or so then got into the system a few minutes later.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.
1 2 3 5