VIG badge purchasing lottery for 2018
Normal
Small
Posted by miked

How can you have chosen the new VIGs when you don’t know which of the old VIGs are renewing yet?

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer miked

miked wrote:
How can you have chosen the new VIGs when you don’t know which of the old VIGs are renewing yet?

We know how many new slots we have. We fill those slots first. If some VIG's don't return we will offer those slots up to the next people on the list. The number of VIG's who do not return is to say the least very small historically. However, there is a chance that a few more of you might get a holiday message! 

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by galvatron42

I emailed VIG @gencon to confirm I will be purchasing my package but have not received a response. Should I have? Thanks.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
miked wrote:

We know how many new slots we have. We fill those slots first. If some VIG's don't return we will offer those slots up to the next people on the list. The number of VIG's who do not return is to say the least very small historically. However, there is a chance that a few more of you might get a holiday message! Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

Sad day.. Thank you for the ongoing communication Mike. Was hoping to get VIG this year to secure DT room. Only way we can take my infant son again. Well here's hoping Santa brings us a Gen Con present on Christmas.. I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Merry Christmas.

Normal
Small
Posted by ryric galvatron42

galvatron42 wrote:
I emailed VIG @gencon to confirm I will be purchasing my package but have not received a response. Should I have? Thanks.
I'm curious about this too. I'd give it a couple days. I know we're anxious not to lose this opportunity!

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

Congrats, Galvatron42 and Ryric! I look forward to seeing you in the VIG Lounge at GenCon 51!

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer

Patience!

I've got my country's five hundredth anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange....I'm swamped!

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager & Princes Bride fan
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

Oh come on, Mike, finish the quote!

Normal
Small
Posted by danmcneill mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Patience!
 I've got my country's five hundredth anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange....I'm swamped!
Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager & Princes Bride fan
Gen Con LLC
Mike, get some rest.  If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything.

Normal
Small
Posted by mcfizz

Quick Question...Is the new VIG registration the 14th of Jan (with the general badge registration) or the 21st?

Thank you.

Normal
Small
Posted by mjhan300

I believe that the new VIG's register on the 21st. I too am new this year to be granted the opportunity to become a VIG and I believe that the last email that I received stated that the new VIG's would be first buying their packages on the 21st and once that happens would have the chance to book lodging in the block. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer mjhan300

mjhan300 wrote:
I believe that the new VIG's register on the 21st. I too am new this year to be granted the opportunity to become a VIG and I believe that the last email that I received stated that the new VIG's would be first buying their packages on the 21st and once that happens would have the chance to book lodging in the block. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks!

You are correct!
New VIG's can register on January 21 at noon EST. After you register you will be able to make your room reservations.

Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

Mike,

Just wanted to confirm that no other VIG invites will be going out for this year? I know you said a few more might go out around the holidays, but that was a long shot.

Thank you Sir,

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:
Mike,
Just wanted to confirm that no other VIG invites will be going out for this year? I know you said a few more might go out around the holidays, but that was a long shot.
Thank you Sir,

There will probably be a handful (1-4) that go out once returning VIG's have registered. We lose less than 1% of returning VIG's every year on average. A very few of you who are next on the list may receive an invite. I have confirmations from all of the new VIG's who will be purchasing.

Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

Cool. Thank you for the quick reply Mike. I greatly appreciate it. This might be less odds than not getting a scar in Pandemic Legacy S2, but can hold out hope!

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

Don't give up! It does happen. My daughter got a VIG invite last year after all other VIGs had registered. 

Normal
Small
Posted by jimrules27

Have any new VIG's been contacted about what to do next?  I assume its coming in the next day or two with registration Sunday but wanted to check.

Normal
Small
Posted by ryric

I have not yet been contacted about it. I'll admit there will be a slight freakout on my part during the week that badges are on sale before the new VIGs open up. I've bought a badge on day 1 since the late 90s. Going a week without having one will make me nervous that something catastrophic will happen.

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer jimrules27

jimrules27 wrote:
Have any new VIG's been contacted about what to do next?  I assume its coming in the next day or two with registration Sunday but wanted to check.

All new VIG's have been contacted about the next steps to take. Only the very few spots that we may have left have not been contacted.

Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by ryric mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
jimrules27 wrote:

All new VIG's have been contacted about the next steps to take. Only the very few spots that we may have left have not been contacted.Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC
I think he's referring to the "follow up email closer to the Jan 21 registration date," mentioned in the reply to our confirmation emails. I, at least, have not gotten that.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post