Change from Mail to Will Call
Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

Hey all! I hope everyone is excited to buy badges. Does anyone know where you change your preferences for shipping from mail to will call? I know I used to see it on one of the pages, but I cannot find it anymore. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a great Sunday!

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:
Hey all! I hope everyone is excited to buy badges. Does anyone know where you change your preferences for shipping from mail to will call? I know I used to see it on one of the pages, but I cannot find it anymore. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a great Sunday!

You can do that on your "My Packets" page.

Normal
Small
Posted by dgoodchild

Edit: never mind. Ninja'd!

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

Currently that page just says I do not have any packets. Do you need to make this change after buying? Not looking to pay the $10 fee at badge purchase.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

Never mind, I see it gave the option when we checked out. Thank you Mike. Have a wonderful day everyone and see you at Gen Con. Wife, Son, and Myself will be there!

Normal
Small
Posted by daveroulston

Once again, I wish that us Canuckleheads had the option of having our badges/tickets mailed to us, rather than standing in the endless Will Call line yet again. 

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer daveroulston

daveroulston wrote:
Once again, I wish that us Canuckleheads had the option of having our badges/tickets mailed to us, rather than standing in the endless Will Call line yet again. 

"Endless Will Call line" was 37 minutes at the beginning of the show last year, and than non-existent the rest of the show.

Normal
Small
Posted by nialith mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
daveroulston wrote:

"Endless Will Call line" was 37 minutes at the beginning of the show last year, and than non-existent the rest of the show.

Truth! Will Call was fantastic last year. The lines for Outer Worlds merch...well not so much. 

Normal
Small
Posted by funny-shaped dice

Agree with Mike Boozer and Nialith.

Last year was my wife's first time at Gen Con - I talked up the spectacle that was the Will Call line from years past and...it never materialized.

We were through Will Call in about 20 minutes (maybe 30)...and that was with having issues with our pickup (they couldn't find our badges and had to reprint them).

I swore to my wife: "You wait, you'll see tomorrow, it will be mobbed."  Nope.  "Oh, well, Saturday it is surely going to be a huge line." Nope.

Gen Con did an amazing job last year with Will Call.  +1 will Will Call again.  :)

Normal
Small
Posted by burrfoot72

Yeah.  I just went back and checked my twitter and tweeted after getting out at will call at 7:53PM on wednesday and said it only took 5 minutes.  Line was pretty much a non-factor.

You know you got me thinking.....I always ship out(last year bought some event tickets late).....I might actually change it this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust

Yeah, Will Call has always been pretty efficient in my experience, no matter how long the lines are.

Normal
Small
Posted by ubermx

With respect to Gencon, every momentary delay is an eternity. 

Truth be told last year was well run and fast. 

Normal
Small
Posted by sodeak

I have been going now since 2010, that first year the will call line took 90 minutes and i swore never again and got mine by mail for the next two years but finally relented because the paranoia of losing or forgetting my badge just became too much(I'm a 9 hour drive to Indy).  Luckily that year was when GenCon finally figured it out and revised the will call booths by moving the packets to tables behind the kiosks and enabling every window to get anyones badge instead of having it divided by letters.  They also had a dedicated front line monitor making sure to remind people at the front to have their IDs at the ready and the line has moved incredibly fast ever since.  From that first year when the line was actually wound even longer by going around the center aisle and then over to the entrance by the jw marriott to now when it takes only 25 mins if you enter the line at that point, Will Call is without a doubt one of the success stories of GenCon's management.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust sodeak

sodeak wrote:finally relented because the paranoia of losing or forgetting my badge just became too much(I'm a 9 hour drive to Indy).

In the same boat here, and I'm only 4 hours away. Always done Will Call because I'm paranoid about leaving something important behind.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

Yeah this is exactly why I changed from mail to will call because the line was so short last year.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.