Early Wishlist...
Normal
Small
Posted by whisper721

What would be an early GOOD wish list (no fussing) for this years con....  for example... mine is... to have the red carpet back lol ....   Every year that I have been it has been red... last year the gray threw me off lol.   or how about a wish for cool weather this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by pinheadjo

My wish just came true just a few hours ago...was offered a VIG package! Out of the freakin blue....WOW! Now I am really psyched! I think my 20th Gen Con will be better than last years.

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

Congrats, Pinheadjo!

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

Doing a forum group dinner at Fogo DE Chau, just like I did in 2010.  I have no idea if I'd even be able to make it, but want to do it again

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust whisper721

whisper721 wrote:
mine is... to have the red carpet back lol ....   Every year that I have been it has been red... last year the gray threw me off lol.

I know, right? Made the room feel a lot darker, too.

Normal
Small
Posted by loon

I'm not sure I noticed gray carpet. Dealer hall?

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust loon

loon wrote:
I'm not sure I noticed gray carpet. Dealer hall?

Yep, the main Exhibit Hall.

Normal
Small
Posted by brooks whisper721

whisper721 wrote:
What would be an early GOOD wish list (no fussing) for this years con....  for example... mine is... to have the red carpet back lol ....   Every year that I have been it has been red... last year the gray threw me off lol.   or how about a wish for cool weather this year.

No rain. Moderate temperatures. Great fellowship between gamers. 

Normal
Small
Posted by ryric

If I had to guess, the carpet comes from the convention center and it was replaced before last year. I'd bet we're stuck with gray until we wear it out.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust ryric

ryric wrote:
If I had to guess, the carpet comes from the convention center and it was replaced before last year. I'd bet we're stuck with gray until we wear it out.

That was my thought too. Unfortunate.

Normal
Small
Posted by whisper721 ryric

ryric wrote:
I know... but I got used to the red.... THe grey threw me off lol

Normal
Small
Posted by rutherfordr

idle wishes with no whining? Here's a couple:

I wish the convention officially started on Wednesday, and ran for five days.

I wish the exhibit hall opened at 9:00 am.

I just want a little bit more...

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager rutherfordr

rutherfordr wrote:
idle wishes with no whining? Here's a couple:
I wish the convention officially started on Wednesday, and ran for five days.
I wish the exhibit hall opened at 9:00 am.
I just want a little bit more...
Yeah both of these wishes sound great for us the customers, but I doubt the exhibitors would welcome this. They all seem pretty beat once the day is done. 10-6 does seem short and I'd love it to stay open later, but I think what they currently have does work.

I feel like the attendees have made Wednesday an official day. I was in the ICC on Wednesday night last year, and so many people were playing games in any area they could find. I had a unique experience where I got to see Ted from Bezier Games demo Palace of Mad King Ludwig to a couple of Game designers. They were all cool, letting me talk with them, and observe them playtesting the game.

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

I wish there were special actor guests.  I saw Sean Astin and John Rhys Davies at my first Gencon back in 2003.  There's nothing like that any more.

I wish Kenzerco still did KODT Live Readings.

I also hope there is someone selling D&D Planescape stuff.  Sure I can buy it online easy enough, but it would be nice to be able to pick something up in person for once while there is so much gaming stuff being sold.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust lord thrifty the cromulent

mstabosz wrote:
I wish there were special actor guests.  I saw Sean Astin and John Rhys Davies at my first Gencon back in 2003.  There's nothing like that any more.

They've had Wil Wheaton and Marina Sirtis at separate GenCons within the past few years.

Normal
Small
Posted by ryric

If we're wishing for things from years past, I miss: (in no particular order)

Celebrity Guests of Honor giving free autographs(which I presume were subsidized by the Con)
The TSR/WotC Castle
Swag bags
D&D having an official presence at Gen Con, complete with seminars and new releases

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop ryric

ryric wrote:
If we're wishing for things from years past, I miss: (in no particular order)
Celebrity Guests of Honor giving free autographs(which I presume were subsidized by the Con)
The TSR/WotC Castle
Swag bags
D&D having an official presence at Gen Con, complete with seminars and new releases

GoH autographs is all in the contracting. Normally they will charge more up front for doing free autographs and have specifically limited time sessions for it. If they don't do that, they are MUCH cheaper, but then charge for autographs (and normally also you have to buy their merch for autographs).  

So sortof subsidised, but not on a per autograph basis.

Normal
Small
Posted by matthias9

-- More downtown hotel rooms in the block
-- Quality seminars/panels on a variety of topics (those GenCon 50 ones last year were great!)
-- More film rooms
-- higher profile Media Guests of honor

Normal
Small
Posted by traveller

Here is one, 

A new gencon sponsor -->  The Shower Pill Body Wipes  when those extra long gaming sessions make you "gamey".

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop traveller

traveller wrote:
Here is one, 
A new gencon sponsor -->  The Shower Pill Body Wipes  when those extra long gaming sessions make you "gamey".
bring back swag bags just to include that for everyone. 

Sign in to write a new post. New Post