Indy Eleven To Play Home Games At Lucas Oil
Normal
Small
Posted by stevespikes

Indianapolis' soccer team, the Indy Eleven has found a new home, as well as a new league.  After leaving the NASL, the Indy Eleven will be playing in the United Soccer League (USL).  With that said, the Indy Eleven has come to terms with the city to play their home games at Lucas Oil Stadium.  Their schedule for 2018 has them playing a home game on Sunday, August 5.  Which may prohibit the use of Lucas Oil for Gen Con, unless they move that home game to Carroll Stadium on the IUPUI campus.

https://www.nuvo.net/sports/indy-eleven-to-play-home-matches-at-lucas-oil-stadium/article_7fb8cc84-0505-11e8-bdb9-4ff28dfed241.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=indy+eleven+schedule+2018&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS725US725&oq=Indy+eleven+schedule&aqs=chrome.1.69i59j0l4.11880j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/0py1vs3;2;/m/0ddg7g7;mt;fp;1

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

I really liked running our games out of Lucas Oil last year.  I hope Gen Con has the stadium at least through Saturday night.

Normal
Small
Posted by burrfoot72

The game on Sunday is a road game in Louisville...... I think you are looking at the schedule wrong.  The concerning game is the game on Wednesday the 1st and how that is being handled or can they turn it over that quick from wednesday to thursday?

Normal
Small
Posted by stevespikes

My apologies.  I guess I still read it as an American, with the visitor on top instead of the home team on top.
With that said, I remember in the past, if they had a home game that coincides with Gen Con, they would offer a special price for Gen Con attendees.

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

If there is a game on wednesday, the under-field spaces would not be used for it, which allows True Dungeon to setup.  On-field spaces would need access Wednesday evening, which might be doable if the game is a mid-day game.  It is amazing how fast you can turn over a field.

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Hey all,

Just an FYI that the IndyEleven schedule on their website is tentative, and should not be taken as settled. There will not be any issue with the soccer game overlapping with Gen Con set up or convention time.  No worries.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

Sure, you say that now.  But, when the soccer hooligans come for us, who will be our protector? 

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc nascragman

nascragman wrote:Sure, you say that now.  But, when the soccer hooligans come for us, who will be our protector? 

Surely you know how Gen Con folks will act...

DM: There is a marauding horde approaching at a dead run...
Player1: I unsheathe my +1 longsword
Player2: I ready Magic Missile
Player3: Hiding in shadows...
DM: NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, THERE IS A MARAUDING HORDE COMING RIGHT FOR US!!
Player1: When'd this turn into a LARP?

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

If Gencon has already signed a contract to have access to the stadium for those 5 days, I'm pretty sure the soccer team would have to work around that.

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

Well, if my re-enactment friends were there it would be "Turn the tables up, form shield wall, and may we meet in the halls of Valhalla!"

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer nascragman

nascragman wrote:
Sure, you say that now.  But, when the soccer hooligans come for us, who will be our protector? 

The soccer schedule is inaccurate. Gen Con will prevail. "Soccer hooligans" will not come for you.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by matthias9 mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
nascragman wrote:

The soccer schedule is inaccurate. Gen Con will prevail. "Soccer hooligans" will not come for you.Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

They won't come for you at Gen Con, anyway.  What happens to you the rest of the year -- you're on your own.

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:... "Soccer hooligans" will not come for you.Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am to hear this. ;) :p

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent matthias9

matthias9 wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
nascragman wrote:

The soccer schedule is inaccurate. Gen Con will prevail. "Soccer hooligans" will not come for you.Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

They won't come for you at Gen Con, anyway.  What happens to you the rest of the year -- you're on your own.

September 2017, after Gen Con had ended, that was when the wraiths rose from the remains of the Gamer Funk.  Their attacks on downtown Indianapolis were merciless.  Thousands nauseated.  Streets ran rampant with vomit from the effects of the smells.  It was horrible.  But you tourists don't care what happens when you leave, do you??????

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer matthias9

matthias9 wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
nascragman wrote:

Gen Con LLC

True, after Gen Con you're on your own. Hooligans, Wraiths, Vampires, Dread Pirates, and the Rabbit of Caerbannog are all possible post Gen Con apparitions. 

Just to be clear and not go too far off topic (Too Late!). I'm sure their soccer schedule will be updated at some point to reflect the fact that Gen Con will have LOS on the 1st.

Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by del_grande

The Indy-Cincinnati game originally scheduled for August 1 appears to have been moved to May 2, based on the online schedule at the Indy Eleven website (as well as the one on the USL website).

New Post Sign in to write a new post.