Turned the corner, Gen Con 2018
Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

Just to get everyone even more hyped after the rush of housing, I just realized we are now closer to Gen Con 2018 than Gen Con 50. Friday was the break even point at 173 days each way.

As of today 2/12/18.

Its been 176 days since Gen Con 50
We have 170 days until Gen Con 2018.

Normal
Small
Posted by obiwan4242

:)

Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

August can't come fast enough!

Normal
Small
Posted by daveculp rhone1

rhone1 wrote:

I have a love-hate relationship with August.  On the one hand, it is the month of Gen Con, on the other hand, being a teacher it signals me having to return to work.

Normal
Small
Posted by divachelle rhone1

rhone1 wrote:
We’re going down to Indy on July 31, so I only have to wait until July. Yassss!!!

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster daveculp

daveculp wrote:
rhone1 wrote:August can't come fast enough!

I have a love-hate relationship with August.  On the one hand, it is the month of Gen Con, on the other hand, being a teacher it signals me having to return to work.
At least you can go this year because the con happens before school starts.  Unlike last year!

Normal
Small
Posted by funny-shaped dice rhone1

rhone1 wrote:

People keep telling me Christmas is in December...they're wrong.  Its in *August*.  :)

Normal
Small
Posted by kantz bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
daveculp wrote:

At least you can go this year because the con happens before school starts.  Unlike last year!
I am also a teacher, and was barely able to go last year.  We had to report back at school the day after the con ended.  Otherwise I was in for disappointment.

Normal
Small
Posted by kevinrg daveculp

daveculp wrote:
rhone1 wrote:

Not a teacher, but I have the same love/hate with August.  Feels like summer is winding down and the kids will be back in school shortly.

Normal
Small
Posted by raidkillsbugsded kantz

kantz wrote:
bushmaster wrote:
daveculp wrote:

I am also a teacher, and was barely able to go last year.  We had to report back at school the day after the con ended.  Otherwise I was in for disappointment.

The start of school has gotten in the way of Gen Con several times over the years...and for some strange reason, they won't let me take the first/second days of the year off so I don't have to just attend on Saturday on those years there's a conflict...

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

We are getting down to 5 months and counting people! Say Bye February!

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust

Makes me glad I have Michigan Masters and Origins to tide me over in the meantime.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

Pray tell what is Michigan Masters?

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:

Video game tournament in mid-April in Farmington Hills (near Detroit). I'm playing Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager father bloodlust

father bloodlust wrote:
andrewj.rager wrote:

Video game tournament in mid-April in Farmington Hills (near Detroit). I'm playing Dragon Ball FighterZ.
Ha, I live in FH. Never heard of it. Fighting games aren't my thing. Love Smash Bros. but no way I could play competitively. I'd just smash Pikachu's Thunderbolt attack. lol Good Luck!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.