Opening Ceremony time?
Normal
Small
Posted by rutherfordr

I think you have to look around a bit to see what's going on.
A couple of years ago, I was lucky enough to stumble across some game designers running demonstration games on Wednesday afternoon.
They had set up in one of the hallways in the convention center.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke kregard

kregard wrote:What exactly happens on Wednesdays if the convention opens on Thursday?

Trade day, will call, customer service, buying Gen Con gear from OffWorld Designs, some free events, beer tapping (including concert and food trucks), the Stink and a hell of a lot of socializing and pickup gaming.

Normal
Small
Posted by trace_sl kregard

kregard wrote:
I am new to Gencon so I am quite confused when people talk about activities occurring on Wednesday. What exactly happens on Wednesdays if the convention opens on Thursday? I am going to be arrive Wednesday morning so if there is something to do prior to opening that would be some good info to know.

Mostly social and get together events like The Stink and Beer Bash but there are some games.  As said above, looking at last year's activities gives a good idea what is happening.  

Normal
Small
Posted by bithlord

Wednesday is *absolutely* a low key "hang out in Indy" day.  It's not a day of GenCon, although there are some GenCon things happening at it.  But... that's what I like about it.

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

There are official-but-free (you need a ticket, but they are $0) games happening in the Union Station usually starting about Noon on Wednesday. RPGs, and Board games, mostly.

Roderick Robertson 
Union Stationmaster 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.