Gencon on Tuesday
Normal
Small
Posted by felwred

Ome other thing that is good to do to wrap up the con (when the dates line up) is to catch the minor league baseball game in the stadium next door on Sunday afternoon. Nothing like sitting on the lawn of that field in the sun with a hot dog and soda while relaxing and decompressing before your flight home. This year they are away during the con (ironically, they will be in Columbus during Origins, though.).

Normal
Small
Posted by alli - formerly minami

I normally I arrive on Tuesday. I have several friends from around the globe who met on the forums many year ago and we all try to get there on Tuesday so we can catch up and visit before the con officially starts. Plus, showing up on Tuesday means I get to see my fiance sooner! We met on the forum years ago and are still stuck doing the long distance thing so arriving earlier means more non-busy con time together since he runs events. :)

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon alli - formerly minami

alli - formerly minami wrote:
I normally I arrive on Tuesday. I have several friends from around the globe who met on the forums many year ago and we all try to get there on Tuesday so we can catch up and visit before the con officially starts. Plus, showing up on Tuesday means I get to see my fiance sooner! We met on the forum years ago and are still stuck doing the long distance thing so arriving earlier means more non-busy con time together since he runs events. :)

Long distance isn't fun. I did it with my wife for 2 years. 

Normal
Small
Posted by al_kesselring

Looking when I left to go to Gencon, starting with 2003 to 2017 - contiguously, I left once on Sunday (stopped first at the Patton Museum in Radcliif KY), 9 times on Monday (the Indiana State Faire was going on), and 5 times on Tuesday.  

If you're going for your Gencon in Indianapolis, my suggestion is that you'll want to arrive on Monday or Tuesday.  

The rationale is that you'll want to walk around and get a good understanding where everything is.  Develop an idea of how long it will take you to walk from one event to either another event location, or to wherever you're parking / eating.

Normal
Small
Posted by al_kesselring

Oh, and after you think you have how long it will take you from paint A to point B - add ten minutes.  I heard a rumor that there's a convention going on with a lot of people............but that may just be a rumor.

Normal
Small
Posted by al_kesselring

Your mileage may vary.

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer ryric

ryric wrote:
Someone should make Mike a game he can play while he's doing all those things...some sort of convention staff Bingo or something...

I sometimes sneak back real late at night and play Werewolf. As long as I don't have my Staff uniform and radio with me I have fun. If I'm dressed as a Gen Con Staff or recognized I'm usually out first...they just assume I'm a werewolf.

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
ryric wrote:
Someone should make Mike a game he can play while he's doing all those things...some sort of convention staff Bingo or something...

I sometimes sneak back real late at night and play Werewolf. As long as I don't have my Staff uniform and radio with me I have fun. If I'm dressed as a Gen Con Staff or recognized I'm usually out first...they just assume I'm a werewolf.
I was the first one executed in a game of Secret Hitler. Oy, vey!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.
1 3