Fantasy Flight Games Co-Sponsor
Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

Now that FFG is co-sponsoring Gen Con I hope there will be more Eldritch Horror/Elder Signs/ Mansions of Madness games going on. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Good, bad, no impact?

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

This was an expected move with Mayfair going away. I noticed they had no announced Mayfair as a co-sponsor earlier this year and that when I stated to wonder. Didn't realize that Mayfair was going completely away. Seems like FFG is Asmodee's biggest hitter so it makes sense they would take that sponsor spot.

I think all it will lead to is more Asmodee ad around the ICC. Remember how Mayfair had those ads on the steps? And more "Attention Gen Con attendees! Fantasy Flight Games..." As more and more becomes Asmodee, I wonder if they will feel the need to do "Cool" things. Mayfair did a lot of cool things, between demos, ribbon collection, discount games and coupons, and the raffle. I don't see FFG doing those things.

Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

I hope that FFG brings back more of the Eldritch/Elder Signs/Mansions games, those are great.  They put out a lot of great games and I enjoy seeing what new stuff they have.

Just a guess, but it will probably be a lot different than Mayfair, which is not a bad thing...just different.  

Normal
Small
Posted by remnant

So FFG has board games, rpgs, and tactic strategy board gaming under their banner.  Events might be based on who they have to run and demo things though.

Normal
Small
Posted by halveric

I love almost everything FFG. I was sad to see they dropped (lost?) the Warhammer 40k license. I love their version of that RPG.

Just a few of the greats:
Star Wars RPG
Arkham Horror
Imperial Assault
Legend of the Five Rings
X-Wing
Descent
Fallout (the board game)

I could happily go broke if I collected all of their stuff.

Normal
Small
Posted by remnant halveric

halveric wrote:
I love almost everything FFG. I was sad to see they dropped (lost?) the Warhammer 40k license. I love their version of that RPG.
Just a few of the greats:
Star Wars RPG
Arkham Horror
Imperial Assault
Legend of the Five Rings
X-Wing
Descent
Fallout (the board game)
I could happily go broke if I collected all of their stuff.
If you like Descent and RPGs they have a sourcebook coming out for running adventures in the setting via GeneSys.  I'm also still waiting the new Lot5R sourcebook to come out.

Normal
Small
Posted by papalorax

I would highly doubt their title of co-sponsor would change any of their planned activities. They were already doing everything that they could handle.

Normal
Small
Posted by ladyimm

No Mayfair at all???!!!!

No ribbon quest?

::sobs::

New Post Sign in to write a new post.