The slow time....
Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon

So anyone else going through gencon withdrawals? Housing portals done. Event registration isn't for 2 more months. Still 4.5 months till the con. 

Normal
Small
Posted by roganca

Yep. Feels like there is way less controversy this year than last year, and I have to say I miss it. I remember worst HOUSING Ever threads, lanyard freak-outs and so on. This year everyone just seems so... reasonable. It's really boring. Where are the damn lunatics?

Normal
Small
Posted by squirecam roganca

roganca wrote:
Yep. Feels like there is way less controversy this year than last year, and I have to say I miss it. I remember worst HOUSING Ever threads, lanyard freak-outs and so on. This year everyone just seems so... reasonable. It's really boring. Where are the damn lunatics?
anger over a lanyard can only last so long

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

Sorry 'bout that, guys. We  banned some of the worst offenders, and now even I feel the lack of controversy. 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Normal
Small
Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn?

We could start a "Worst Gen Con Experience" thread?

Probably won't have the previous level of rage & lunacy, mind you.

Normal
Small

it can be fun to run away wrote:
Um, I once wasn't able to get ahold of a physical program book until Friday. Does that count? Even "bad" Gen Con is pretty good. Like pizza.

I'm amazed at much the simple change of disallowing room trades apparently calmed down the housing riot.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager ryric

ryric wrote:
it can be fun to run away wrote:
Um, I once wasn't able to get ahold of a physical program book until Friday. Does that count? Even "bad" Gen Con is pretty good. Like pizza.I'm amazed at much the simple change of disallowing room trades apparently calmed down the housing riot.
I think it is a combination of things that Gen Con has done. I really appreciate that Gen Con really tries to give us the best experience possible both at the Con and on here. Thank you to everyone at Gen Con for striving for continuous improvement.

Normal
Small
Posted by brooks roderick

roderick wrote:
Sorry 'bout that, guys. We  banned some of the worst offenders, and now even I feel the lack of controversy. 
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Thanks Roderick, that really made me laugh and brightened up the day.

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon brooks

brooks wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Now we are going to have to create some type of controversy, we have can't have the forum moderators bored :)

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent lordnlkon

lordnlkon wrote:
brooks wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Now we are going to have to create some type of controversy, we have can't have the forum moderators bored :)
We could always start discussing politics.

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick lordnlkon

lordnlkon wrote:
brooks wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Don't make me bored. You wouldn't like me when I'm bored. 

Normal
Small
Posted by remnant lordnlkon

lordnlkon wrote:
So anyone else going through gencon withdrawals? Housing portals done. Event registration isn't for 2 more months. Still 4.5 months till the con. 
I'm in 6 games pbp, running 3 pbp games, doing GM mentoring games for Savage Worlds and Dungeon Worlds for new GMs, running a biweekly face to face game in the ETU setting for Savage Worlds and playing a game of 13th Age online weekly live.  I'm keeping myself busy...

Normal
Small
Posted by mikeboozer roderick

roderick wrote:
lordnlkon wrote:
brooks wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

I'm enjoying the peace and quiet. Let's not ruin it with a manufactured controversy. I'm sure the natural evolution will bring one up well before Event Reg.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
roderick wrote:
lordnlkon wrote:
brooks wrote:
roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

I'm enjoying the peace and quiet. Let's not ruin it with a manufactured controversy. I'm sure the natural evolution will bring one up well before Event Reg.
Ugh, (Insert your favorite game here) is the worst game ever! I never want to play it again. I'd much rather play (Insert a game you loath here).

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

How I'm feeling: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QC7uMo1uPQ

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb ryric

Even Hot Box Pizza?

(sits back and waits for the controversy to start...)

Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

There s nothing wrong with Hot Box Pizza at Gen Con.  

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc roganca

roganca wrote:

I declare that cosplayers with huge backpacks dragging wheeled luggage through the vendor hall is a good thing. FIIIGHT MEEEE!!!

​​​​​​​(That lunatic enough for you? :D  )

Normal
Small
Posted by tyrodboshi

ROFL..
How about cosplayers who have big backpacks who eat at Hot Box Pizza?..( if this doesnt work, nothing will).

Normal
Small
Posted by trace_sl

Well, I see that there is a distraction about, that may be getting all the attention; that being Pathfinder 2.0, people are just focusing on.  Also, think it is a bit early.  

Ghost/trolls do not start up until June/July, they just want to start trouble. 

Lanyards, well the lesson was learned from last year's sellout and should be corrected this year.  

Kind of surprised we are not hearing more on True Dungeon changes but that may happen when event selection starts.  

I use the doldrums to start reading the rule books of games I am looking forward to playing at Gen Con.   

Sign in to write a new post. New Post