Badge/event question
Normal
Small
Posted by jtissicino8118

My wife purchased a badge for me using her account, the badge is registered under my name, would I need to log into her account to sign myself up for events or can I use my own account?

Normal
Small
Posted by ascantla

We're still kinda figuring this out, but we do everything under one account. All three of us build our list of events on the same wishlist. We usually do events together, but have split on some occasions and didn't have any problems booking games for the same time for different people. 
I would think, and I'm not GenCon staff, that you would have to use the account with your badge registered to it, otherwise it wouldn't know that you have a badge. 

Normal
Small
Posted by jtzell

You can either get the events under the same or you can get them under your own. If you do get them under your own they do come separately as we experienced this last year and decided to get them under my wife's account this year to keep it all together.

Normal
Small
Posted by swearbear

Last year was my first Gencon so I wasnt sure about this. I had ordered my friends badges all under my account that's how I ended up getting event tickets as well and it worked fine.

Normal
Small
Posted by alans

With 3 badges, you'll get 3 queue numbers. If you Friend each other, and build 3 identical wish lists you will have a better chance of getting in to what you want...

Normal
Small
Posted by musikfans1

You should each have your own login for the badge. Then Friend Request each other. Once done, any one person can select events for all three.

Normal
Small
Posted by radik

How do you create a wish list if volunteering with a vendor who is paying for your badge? Trying to figure this out since registration is tomorrow! Thanks !

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin radik

radik wrote:
How do you create a wish list if volunteering with a vendor who is paying for your badge? Trying to figure this out since registration is tomorrow! Thanks !

Any badge, Exhibitor, Attendee, GM, allows you to create a wish list.  I assigned all outstanding GM badge requests that were submitted by 5/3, so if your group submitted a badge request before Friday, they have it and can assign you a badge.  Looks like most Exhibitor badge allocations have also been made, so you should be able to get your badge from them.

If they haven't given you a badge yet, and you really want to make a wishlist, you can buy a badge now, which will be refunded shortly after they assign you a badge.  

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.