Child Care
Normal
Small
Posted by misdteacher

I know that last year they had a child care room. Does anyone know if it will be around this year?

Normal
Small
Posted by missamy

I want to say that I read on one of the forums that they would not be offering that this year. If I come across it again, I will let you know.

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi all,

We had drop off child care as a option quite a few years ago, but not for the past few years, and not this year.  We have Training Grounds and the Kid Zone in Lucas Oil stadium which have kid friendly activities and events, however, you cannot leave your child there.  If you need childcare, I recommend asking the front desk of your hotel, which should have a list of reputable bonded babysitters that you can contact.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by townsean marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Hi all,
We had drop off child care as a option quite a few years ago, but not for the past few years, and not this year.  We have Training Grounds and the Kid Zone in Lucas Oil stadium which have kid friendly activities and events, however, you cannot leave your child there.  If you need childcare, I recommend asking the front desk of your hotel, which should have a list of reputable bonded babysitters that you can contact.
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
Is there some place where I can get more details about the kid zone at Lucas Oil stadium? This is my first year taking my son to the Con.

Normal
Small
Posted by marimaccadmin

Hopefully on the website I put up soon, but for now, know that there are quite a few events being run there, including some craft events with flexible times; you can see those under the "KID" designation in the event list. Also note that the "training grounds" is right next to the KID zone.  The training grounds has less structured events, but lots of drop in events and activities.  At neither place can you leave your son unattended, but there's plenty of events for both of you to do in these areas.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Hopefully on the website I put up soon, but for now, know that there are quite a few events being run there, including some craft events with flexible times; you can see those under the "KID" designation in the event list. Also note that the "training grounds" is right next to the KID zone.  The training grounds has less structured events, but lots of drop in events and activities.  At neither place can you leave your son unattended, but there's plenty of events for both of you to do in these areas.
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
Hi Marian,

How young do these events target. My son will be just over a year old by then. I know there aren't really games that young, but are there some other interactive activities for children that young? If not, we will just bring a few things for the hotel room.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.