Tips and Tricks for the Wishlist Event Next Year
Normal
Small
Posted by odtopsy

Need to know how not to lose your amazing low number in the processing line when your que locks up. I had a 742 line place and it froze at 357 while my friends dropped over 1000 spots....so I refreshed and it made me resubmit my wishlist and pushed me out to the 6000's. Any tips or tricks for next year? Obviously never refresh even if your house is burning down around you....... But any others?

Normal
Small
Posted by odtopsy

Update. After my new que ran out and I didn't get any tickets, I checked my cart and it put the tickets in from my original que. Nice. I guess check your cart before posting on the forums is a tip to myself. 

Normal
Small
Posted by jelake

Here's what I did wishlist processed and got everything I wanted.

1.  Have 2nd window open of gencon site, logged in.
2. 1-2 seconds before zero hour, I start clicking rapidly.  Stopped when it shows processing.  It never refreshed even after I bought my cart.
3.  After a couple minutes of processing, I started trying to load my wishlist page in the 2nd browser window from  my user drop-down.  After a few tries it eventually opened and it said my wishlist was processed.  I must have gotten a really low number, because it would usually show it.

I've heard stories of people getting bumped down in queue when refreshing, but who knows.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

You didn't lose your place. You just processed your wish list a second time. The events you got the first time were added to your cart the first time—as you noticed.

Normal
Small
Posted by laceypanties

Mine froze at 900 but I just left it open and then opened my cart on my phone and everything was in there so it looks like my queue froze on the screen but I kept my place in the background

Normal
Small
Posted by ascantla

we had 2 laptops and a phone going, once everything was showing submitted we left the phone alone and would refresh one laptop at a time, waiting until it was successfully refreshed before refreshing the other.. may be a lot of superstition there, but it seemed to work. biggest issue we had was trying to clear items we didn't get out of the wishlist to put in new items to resubmit. Also getting duplicates at different times out of the cart so we could submit for new games in that time slot. There was a lot of 404 that day.

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon

Another tip, don't forget to hit the only buy tickets if they are all available at the bottom, if you only want to buy tickets if they are all available. Heh I forgot to do that for one of my items this year and I had to resubmit and wasn't able to get the original time slot we wanted. Fortunately on the resubmit, we got an alternate time.

Normal
Small
Posted by trace_sl

Always look at alternate dates and time when selecting events, everyone may select the first event in the list not realizing that there could be more in the display.  I recommend using a 3rd party event list that sorts better.  

New Post Sign in to write a new post.