Locations for events
Normal
Small
Posted by dranthor

I was wondering I know last year I was later picking my events but along with the events was the location.  I'm seeing a few that have location but the majority don't.  I try to pick events that don't have me sprinting from one side of the convention center to the other side. (ie. Lucas Oil field, and the JW Marriott for example.  Any idea when the location for events will be firmed up?  Any suggestions that might help me know where an event might occur? looks like star wars for example occurs in Lucas Oil field. 
Dranthor

Normal
Small
Posted by rong

The official answer to when is "Soon."

There is a sizeable shift in locations as they make use of the space at Lucas Oil. Some locations were up in the air to allow event runners to adjust event sizes following the initial registration rush and to allow Gen Con to place this groups in an appropriately sized space. My guess is we will see locations by the end of the month.

Normal
Small
Posted by selene314

Bumping this thread because it's been a month and we still don't have locations.

Normal
Small
Posted by ascantla

I was just checking out my events and noticed they still didn't, thought i would check the forums and here we are :)

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

I've posted this elsewhere, but it is down to 4000 events (25%) without location. 2 weeks ago it was over 40, with 7000 without.  All those 3000 were allocated spaces in ICC.

Normal
Small
Posted by rong

Really hoping the events I am running are in the same place they have been the past few years. I haul a lot of gaming stuff to run my events and I specifically paid a premium to get a hotel room in said location so I didn't have to haul all my things across campus. I'm sure my situation isn't unique. We should all know our locations soon though, as the printed tickets they will be mailing will have locations on them.

Normal
Small
Posted by selene314 rong

rong wrote:
Really hoping the events I am running are in the same place they have been the past few years. I haul a lot of gaming stuff to run my events and I specifically paid a premium to get a hotel room in said location so I didn't have to haul all my things across campus. I'm sure my situation isn't unique. We should all know our locations soon though, as the printed tickets they will be mailing will have locations on them.

Now that you mention it, they HAVE mailed tickets in the past with no location printed on them.
This does not bode well for having locations assigned in time to return a ticket and buy something else in an overlapping time slot.

Normal
Small
Posted by aklevah selene314

New Post Sign in to write a new post.