Questions about System Credit & Generics
Normal
Small
Posted by leeloo8888

Hello fellow game lovers! 

This will be my first year at GenCon, driving down from Montreal, Canada! Counting the days! In the meantime, I tried finding the answers to the following questions with no luck. I'm pretty sure someone wise out there knows the answer to these questions : 

1) As I understand it, if I return an event ticket, I can get system credit or a reimbursement (by contacting customer service - with a handling fee). My question is: what can you do with system credit (except buy a badge)? Can you book events? Can you buy generics? 

2) Are generics transferable? Aka, can I buy a bunch and have my friends use them if I don't? 

Thanks everyone! 77 days! Woot!

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

#1 yup. It is a credit. You can take it out as generic or event tickets or both.

#2 yes. They are not badge associated (don't lose them, they are effectively cash).

Bonjour et bienvenue a gen con. La meilleur quatre jour de jeu.

Sorry, my Quebeqois is a bit rusty since I'm in the westernmost province.

You may be confused that the signs are only in one language, and the language isn't French. Relax, it is OK, you'll be back to your cultural Island soon. :)

-a 15th generation quebeqois, raised in the west.
​​

Normal
Small
Posted by cinnibar

Clarification (and staff please correct me if this has changed):  You can let your friends use the generic tickets you provide them.  But they are not effectively cash and they *are* associated with your badge. 

This really only comes into play when you attempt to return generic tickets.   The tickets can only be returned to the paying account they came from, each has a unique scannable ID that links to it. 

This I feel is a good thing as it discourages theft of generic tickets by others in an attempt to get the money.

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster

Always good to remind people that generics MUST be turned in before GenCon closes on Sunday.  Generic tickets DO NOT carry over from one year to the next.

Normal
Small
Posted by stahlnee

Not sure how they will work with electronic ticketed events.

Just saw that they will be acceptable. Nothing so far on whether you need to scan purchasing badge to redeem for electronic ticketed event.

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster

I am pretty sure the e-ticketed events will scan the badge.

Normal
Small
Posted by leeloo8888

Merci beaucoup à tous :) 

@roundtop, Merci pour le français! And I'm bilingual so I think I'll be just fine :P 

Thanks for the quick answers everyone! That certainly clears things up! 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.