Ribbons?Who?Where?How?
Normal
Small
Posted by cosmicpower

Last year I saw people with tons of ribbons, I would assume from gaming. I was wondering if that was paid ticket events. I seen ones like farmer and such but had no idea where or how to get them. FYI: It was my first time last year so I didnt kniw anything.

Normal
Small
Posted by k_dog64

You likely saw the ribbons from the Mayfair Games Ribbon Quest.  You could sit down, demo their games, then get a ribbon after it was completed.  Once you completed a set, you got some prizes, coupons, and an entry into a raffle.

Unfortunately, since Mayfair closed down, you likely won't be seeing those again.

Normal
Small
Posted by bakermouse10133

There are other places that give out ribbon's (mayfair was a big one though). Mayfair ribbons were wood, sheep, brick etc...and you had to play different games in order to earn them I believe.

I always stop by one of the game booths in the large hall and grab an ALLY ribbon.

ConTessa (a game group) has a ribbon , last year they ran RPG events at lucas oil.

Vendors in the dealer hall have ribbon's. Broken Token, being one that I can remember off the top of my head. 

So they are out there you just have to look, or ask someone where they got it :)

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Fans of Gen Con will be distributing badge ribbons again this year (and also custom dice) at the Stink on Wednesday and a few other places during the rest of the con.

Normal
Small
Posted by helenbb

There is a Doctor Who con (Gallifrey One) in LA that is extremely social. It's a thing there for every attendee to make badge ribbons and trade them with each other. It's a great way to break the ice and meet new people. Everyone has tons of ribbons on their badges, and some people make them into scarves, kilts, etc. So much fun!

While the ribbon culture is not like that at GenCon, there's nothing stopping an attendee (or a few) from having some ribbons made and handing them out to others (say, at The Stink) as a social icebreaker. 

Normal
Small
Posted by cosmicpower austicke

austicke wrote:
Fans of Gen Con will be distributing badge ribbons again this year (and also custom dice) at the Stink on Wednesday and a few other places during the rest of the con.

Normal
Small
Posted by cosmicpower k_dog64

k_dog64 wrote:
You likely saw the ribbons from the Mayfair Games Ribbon Quest.  You could sit down, demo their games, then get a ribbon after it was completed.  Once you completed a set, you got some prizes, coupons, and an entry into a raffle.
Unfortunately, since Mayfair closed down, you likely won't be seeing those again.
well mayfair was bought out and someone did take there place. I wonder if they'll do anything. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.