Coupon Book
Normal
Small
Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn?

I might be the outlier here, because I've always found something in the coupon book besides the Gen Con die which made me at least go & look at the booth.

Often a "get X shirts for $Y" deal, I grant you.

Normal
Small
Posted by seanritner

If I get to the con early Thursday morning, will there be any coupon book still available or do they all get scooped up on Wednesday?

Normal
Small
Posted by jedikitty

There will still be plenty on Thursday morning. :)

Normal
Small
Posted by ascantla

We've found some booths we would have otherwise walked by using the coupon book. We usually look over it after the first day to find anything we're interested in. We don't hit the limited items though.

Normal
Small
Posted by timjs21

I agree with many here.  The coupon books seem to have gone downhill over the years.  I still go through it each year with the hopes of finding something good but I've been very disappointed.

Normal
Small
Posted by matthias9

I go through the coupon booklet every year, usually on Wednesday night and throw away all but 1-3 things.  There's almost nothing of value there, unless you value buying a new game you haven't heard of -- which, I suppose, might be how some people roll.  I do not.

To me, the best thing is usually a coupon for $2 off a purchase at Cool Stuff, Inc -- which, by the way, is usually the best place to buy a game even before the $2 discount.

Normal
Small
Posted by ryric

I can't say that I'd use the coupon book to buy a new game I've never heard of, but I've certainly used it to pick out a game I've never heard of to demo, and that sometime leads to a sale.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.