Bags for carrying games?
Normal
Small
Posted by n0id

Hello all!  

I've been going to gencon for longer than I can remember, and i'm curious how the rest of you manage the convention in terms of carrying games throughout the days.  There's the yearly "whats IN my bag" thread...but i've yet to see a "what IS my bag" discussion.

My usual has been a backpack to handle the myriad of small purchases (dice, books, art, small games, etc...) and then cloth grocery bags for the big box items.  This works, but id like to find a more hands-free method instead of carrying a backpack AND two full cloth bags.  I'm also local to indy so when the cloth bags got full i'd have to walk to the car, unpack, repack, and walk back.  Again, a hands free method of carrying the games would at least allow me to save some trips back/forth.

Rollers, dufflebags, and rubbermaid containers seem way to big/bulky to be walking around with, especially in the dealer hall.

I've looked at some tatical backpacks and slings (MOLLE style), thinking to hook the cloth bags to the backpack....and even looked at the board game sized backpacks (chromacast, gamehaul).  But i'm honestly not sure how well they would work.

So...whats your bag plan for this year?

Normal
Small
Posted by donaldbain

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/588211/excellent-board-game-bag/page/1

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

Hi a sherpa (Translation: Bring the spouse to haul).

The size constraints of a pack in the dealers hall are your biggest trouble.

That said, if you just want sheer size... look at the Arcterex multi-day packs. Expensive, but very large and narrow. Something like this: https://www.arcteryx.com/ca/en/shop/mens/bora-ar-63-backpack

Normal
Small
Posted by k_dog64

I used one of these last year for the first time to help carry my haul home:

https://initgear.com/collections/vault-bags/products/init-gamefolio-system-vault-bag

I loved it.  It isn't much larger than a standard Duffel bag, but you can fit a ton of games inside of it.  I carry a smaller random duffel bag around the dealer hall, and empty it everytime I head back to my room.

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer k_dog64

k_dog64 wrote:
https://initgear.com/collections/vault-bags/products/init-gamefolio-system-vault-bag
I loved it.  It isn't much larger than a standard Duffel bag, but you can fit a ton of games inside of it.  I carry a smaller random duffel bag around the dealer hall, and empty it everytime I head back to my room.
The link has a trailing character.. nice looking bag

Normal
Small
Posted by k_dog64 buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
k_dog64 wrote:
The link has a trailing character.. nice looking bag
Oops, not sure how that happened.  Fixed now though.  :)

Normal
Small
Posted by pinheadjo

I don't use a bag...I have two sons. They do the carrying because I am too freakin old! LOL...

Really, I have a backpack that i use slung to the side most of the time to keep it under control.
pinheadjo

Normal
Small
Posted by cinnibar

I got SO many bags from various vendors last year.  Not just the massive AEG Bag-O-Doom but also some rather nice cloth bags like from Eagle Games.  The Vendors have discovered the free advertising of having a bag we are willing to walk around with, not stuff into a backpack, with their name on it.

Normal
Small
Posted by ascantla

I have the GenCon Messenger bag that holds quite a bit of small - medium purchases. Bigger purchases usually end up going back to the car fairly quickly. FFG has good bags... I usually get one of their big bags even for a small item, they're pretty cool about it, then we stuff everything into it. 

Normal
Small
Posted by qwaserity

It varies for me:
Wednesday - Camera bag with med, electronics, notebook, spare business cards.
Thursday - Nothing.
Friday morning - Math trade so probably a suitcase with rollers (I stay out of the public ways with this).
Friday - A kid's backback with meds, electronics, notebook, spare business cards.
Saturday - Kid's backpack with other bags inside as I'm picking up games for friends.
Sunday - Kid's backpack. Shopping so I'll bring some bags.

BTW, the kid's backpack is big enough to carry normal game books but only two inches deep. I don't hit people when I spin around and it has a rare geek graphic on it: Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, the musical.

Normal
Small
Posted by lesleykate

I honestly only carry a messenger bag. It can hold medications, food, water bottle, wallets...all the stuff I need daily and have room for a couple smaller games. If I purchase games, more than enough booths have cloth bags now, so I just grab those if I need them. 

I already have issues with personal space, so the dealer hall is anxiety ridden. I try to have as small a presence as possible because I hate being hit by backpacks all the time, I make sure I don't do that to others.

Plus, with the messenger bag, it's very easy access and I don't need to constantly take it off and on to get things out.

Normal
Small
Posted by snnakebite

PANS Military Travel Backpack Tactical Outdoor Daypack MOLLE Bag for Hiking,Camping

standard
21HX15WX8D
expanded
21HX15WX13D

Just wide enough to lay standard size game box flat.  It is a little on the heavy side. Has lots of little compartment to stay organize

New Post Sign in to write a new post.