Tons of event locations finalized --are you pumped?
Normal
Small
Posted by d20 sapphire

Hey everyone!  It looks like a lot of event locations that had been pending are now official.  Anyone else look to their schedules to see how much walking they're doing?  Is it getting more real for you now?

I know for me personally I'm probably spending a third of my con in the Mariott (not JW), a third of it at the ICC, and then the last third at a couple of random hotels holding games I'm playing in.  As a city walking person, I'm okay with this set up, and I've learned not to do back to back events (personally for me, I like having an hour break between events even when I do know where they are).  

And also I find myself getting super excited, having the event locations is making it more real that GenCon is happening and great times will be had. 

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

Only 2300 events unassigned left (14%)

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

Nothing in Lucas Oil??

Normal
Small
Posted by kiyote

Man, almost all of my events ended up in Lucas Oil...and 3 of my events don't even have locations yet.  I appear to be some kind of anomaly in the system.  :D

Normal
Small
Posted by d20 sapphire nascragman

nascragman wrote:
Nothing in Lucas Oil??
It wasn't that  I was avoiding it, I just think it's the type of games I'm playing and running.  I'm more of a tabletop gamer and it looks like those are the games located in the ICC for me.

Funnily enough my husband has hunkered down on a lot of the writing talks and symposiums, which has him going back and fourth from the Marriott to Lucas Oil Stadium.  All the writing talks I'm going to just happened to be at the Marriott.  So its possible that I'm the anomaly.  I'm fine with that. 

Normal
Small
Posted by matthias9

Surely this is a rhetorical question.  I'm reading the Gen Con forums in June.  Do you think I am pumped?

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop matthias9

matthias9 wrote:
Surely this is a rhetorical question.  I'm reading the Gen Con forums in June.  Do you think I am pumped?

No I think you are a slacker. Those of us dedicated lurk the forums since at least January (or never leave at all).  :)

Normal
Small
Posted by roganca

Definitely psyched. When you see the locations on your events, that's when it's r e a l.

Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

I still have two unassigned events....when will they assign an area for them? Before they mail them out?

Normal
Small
Posted by donaldbain

7/12 of my events still need locations.

Normal
Small
Posted by d20 sapphire

What kind of events are still pending locations?  I don't know when they'll be assigned but I'm sure it depends on when the events were submitted. 

Normal
Small
Posted by darkranger65

i have a zombicide green horde and pandemic events that have no locations

Normal
Small
Posted by donaldbain

All smaller publisher board games.

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

Looking at my stats from the 12th, it looks like of the 2382 events with a blank location, 1719 are BGM (Board games). The rest are a mixture of types, with CGM (Card Games) having 300, and the last 360 spread across a number of categories.

Normal
Small
Posted by nikas zekeval

They just assigned my Power Grid a spot over in the Hyatt.

Mega Civ, my spot in the Terraforming Mars Tourney, and Nuclear War are still waiting for locations

New Post Sign in to write a new post.