Crafting Hall? Spouses Area? Good Coffee?
Normal
Small
Posted by nimrodeleth

I am coming with my husband, and there will be time where he will be in an event with out me.  I like to Knit and Spin.  Is there a place that I can just sit and do my crafts while I wait?

Also will there be good coffee available!??

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke nimrodeleth

nimrodeleth wrote:I am coming with my husband, and there will be time where he will be in an event with out me.  I like to Knit and Spin.  Is there a place that I can just sit and do my crafts while I wait?

There are plenty of places to sit. Have you checked out the SPA events? I see plenty that include "knit" in the title. I believe they also have an open crafting room.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but plenty of people seem to like Bee Coffee. A few hotels also have Starbucks.

Normal
Small
Posted by nimrodeleth

Thank you. Oh.....  So SPA on the map is for spouse activities? Great!

Since i teach knitting at home, i have signed up for a few classes that are outside my normal interests. But I'll still  have time to sit.

:)
Thank you! 

Normal
Small
Posted by jedikitty

Open crafting should be in room 209, on the second floor. Perfect place to bring your knitting or any other craft. :) If not that room, then one very nearby.

Bee Coffee is definitely great. I don't drink coffee, but I know many people enjoy it from there. I get iced tea, myself.

Normal
Small
Posted by ryric

Do be aware that Bee Coffee and Starbucks are generally all crowded during normal day hours - you can easily be looking at a 10-30 minute wait. If you need caffeine fast you can get coffee from the convention center vendors with a minimal wait, but it's not great. My wife loves Bee Coffee and they do have nerdy themed drinks each year.

Normal
Small
Posted by bithlord

Regards Bee Coffee:  If all you want is a straight "coffee" or "tea" then they have a separate line that moves *way* faster.  You can still get cream/sugar in it, but not espresso, chai latter or whatever.

Normal
Small
Posted by pezkat

I can't find Open Crafting listed in the event schedule this year, but it's been in 208/209 for years.

Normal
Small
Posted by voice_of_reason nimrodeleth

nimrodeleth wrote:
I am coming with my husband, and there will be time where he will be in an event with out me.  I like to Knit and Spin.  Is there a place that I can just sit and do my crafts while I wait?
Hello nim,

I guessing from your post that you're attending Gen Con for the first time.  Wonderful!  I DO want to mention that in addition to the SPA events, I would suggest that you take some time to look around both the Dealer Hall and the convention center and attached stadium.  I think you'll be able to fill at least 2-4 hours, and that's rushing.  Walking alone through the dealer hall will allow you to focus on your interests and I imagine you'll find plenty.  For example, in the Dealer Hall, you'll likely find vendors that sell items that could inspire your next knitting project...clothes, dice bags, etc.  The artist section is another area in the Dealer Hall that can capture your attention.

Anyway, my point is that you should by all means do the events that interest you, but I also I think you'll find a lot to interest you if you take some time to walk around the convention.  It really is more than just gaming.  Enjoy!

Normal
Small
Posted by kochanski

I love Bee Coffee, the place is awesome and the coffee is really delicious.

There are lots of seating areas that you can hang out in if you don't want to go to crafting room.

I second the going to the exhibit hall, there will be lots of awesome things there and the artists area is really lovely, I am betting a few people there will appreciate your knitting and spinning.

I know I would appreciate your knitting, I am a knitter, but I am not bringing my knitting to GenCon, too many gaming things to bring and no time to knit.

Normal
Small
Posted by brumcg

I'll vouch for Bee Coffee as well.

I think you'll have a great time.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.