20 DAYS!!!!!!!
Normal
Small
Posted by whisper721

OMG!!! Now is when it get real!!!!!     SO... AM I the only one that has had a Gencon Nightmare.....    I had a dream the other night  that I was horribly delayed while on the way.. and arrived Sunday at 3 pm... GC employees would not let me in to the vendor hall because my 4 day badge had not been used in the first 3 days (no idea how they would have known).... I had to stay in the hallways... the carpets were the same  but were 1970's shag.  There were a few vendors in the halls.. but were only selling games that were missing pieces.  I woke up mad as H#%@ and it took me about 5 mins to clear my head and realize it was a dream lol

Normal
Small
Posted by ryric

Heh. My Gen Con recurring odd dream is that I've been so busy doing other activities at the con that it's Sunday and I haven't gotten to any of the things I normally do yet. It's like I get to Sunday and I'm thinking "what the heck happened to the last three days?" and I know I did something but I can't exactly remember what.

Which, now that I think about it, isn't entirely different from what Gen Con is actually like. Thursday feels like a full, active day, and I'm thinking, "Wow, it's only Thursday night and I've already done so much!" and then seemingly 15 seconds later it's time to go home on Sunday.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

Ryric, I think we all know that feeling all to well. Wednesday and Thursday feel like there is so much time left, and then Friday and Saturday fly by. Not sure why, but then your head is spinning Sunday afternoon and you still haven't seen a 1/3 of the hall yet. I would love to see Gen Con expand to a whole day Wednesday, but that messes with their "best 4 days of gaming" tag line.

Normal
Small
Posted by whisper721

I know lol ....  And inevitably.... Sunday I'm goin.. where did all my money go.. I hardly have anything to show for all that money.. then I start re-counting my steps...lol lol ..

Normal
Small
Posted by whisper721

I get there Thurs night... Friday Im like I have all day.... Sat I am a buzz with tons of stuff to do and don't think about it... Sunday at 3 o'clock I'm going   what did I do for the last 2 days???????

Normal
Small
Posted by alittleparrott

I had a dream last night that I missed EVERY. SINGLE. EVENT. I had gotten tickets for.  I was running around trying to get to places and was somehow late to all of my events and the mods wouldn't let me in, or I had just missed an event entirely.  The sad thing is that I wasn't even doing anything to lose track of time - I just spent the entire 5 days trying to get from one event to another. 

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

I'm sick about all the stuff I still need to get done before Gen Con

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot

I've been trying to go through my checklist of things that need done before we head out...

credit card travel authorization
holding mail request
getting items for sale ready for the consignment store
laundry/packing
snacks/drinks for the con
bedding (air mattress)

We also have a play we're performing for 8 days straight before we do the play (july 15-22) with our theater group so we're already busy with that! LOL

New Post Sign in to write a new post.