Starting to get real
1 3 4
1 3 4
Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon

So not sure about you guys but starting to get excited. Less than three weeks till the start of the con. Anyone else starting to get a little stir crazy?

Normal
Small
Posted by whisper721

I am... on GC forums all day now... lol  Lat year someone posted a pic each day leading up to con day lol .. sooo excited!!!!!!
 

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

I am methodically going through the entire exhibitor list; check this amazing site with links to virtually every vendor.  Deciding which ones to visit, I'm creating a spreadsheet with the "priority" of visiting their booth, and what games/etc. they offer.

Obsessed?  What?  Who me?  Shirley you jest.

Normal
Small
Posted by kellishaver

OK, I Love my job, but I'm looking forward to the break from work and in general just unplugging from the rest of my life almost as much as I'm looking forward to the con. 10 work days left (I work 4 10's)... I can do this.

I, too, and methodically going through the vendor list, making notes of which games I want to demo, which I know I want to buy, and planning a route. I've also started revising/tweaking my standard vacation packing list. 

It's looking like we might not make our Wednesday night LARP event, though. :( The teen just got a doc appointment for her busted wrist that afternoon that we can't easily reschedule. So we'll be getting out of town and heading to Indy a few hours later than expected.
 

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Busted wrist, bah... My 60-year-old mom hobbled all over Europe on a walking cast. :-)

Normal
Small
Posted by sh4d0w0fw4r

The anticipation is getting to an unbearable level! 

Normal
Small
Posted by qwaserity

1. First vacation since Christmas (not counting 3 day holiday weekends)
2. Trade day - 11 hours of seminars con total
3. Math trade - running, not just attending.
4. Old games - 16 hours.
5. New games - 20 hours.
6. Whose Line Is It Anyway - both nights.
7. Meeting with a company one on one to pitch a game I'm been working on for 2 years.
8. GenCon Virtual Flea Market, Consignment hall AND vendor hall.

Nope... nothing to see here.... No reason to get excited....

Normal
Small
Posted by kellishaver buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
Busted wrist, bah... My 60-year-old mom hobbled all over Europe on a walking cast. :-)

Kids these days, right? :P

Normal
Small
Posted by alittleparrott whisper721

whisper721 wrote:
I am... on GC forums all day now... lol  Lat year someone posted a pic each day leading up to con day lol .. sooo excited!!!!!!
 
same. all of it. same. 

Normal
Small
Posted by stevespikes lordnlkon

lordnlkon wrote:
So not sure about you guys but starting to get excited. Less than three weeks till the start of the con. Anyone else starting to get a little stir crazy?
I sure am ... on all counts.  Having missed last year due to other obligations.  We've been anxious to get back to GenCon.  I cannot wait for August 1.

Normal
Small
Posted by elvinlord

Yeah I got the fever, work is going to drags bad for the next couple of weeks.

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

draaaaaag. And I have to clean up the house. and I am after hours on call for work the next couple weeks.  2.5 weeks to go.

Normal
Small
Posted by microwench

2 weeks left of work, 12 days till we leave! (we stay with local Indy friends who are awesome enough to wecome us the weekend before the con). The anticipation and stir-crazy are real! 

I've started our group Google calender, that should help keep my mind occupied con-wise. One calender, six people, two of them pack their schedule wall-to-wall ever year. I did it last year, and apparently they all liked it, since they asked me yesterday if I would please organize it again. I'm starting to get fidgety with anticipation, so now is the perfect time to work on it.

Once I finish that, it's time to go through the packing list again. Then probably time to start laying out the actual packing.

Anyone else packing yet? 
Anyone else have productive stuff they like to do to keep busy in the last couple weeks leading up to the con?

Normal
Small
Posted by funny-shaped dice microwench

microwench wrote:I've started our group Google calender, that should help keep my mind occupied con-wise. One calender, six people, two of them pack their schedule wall-to-wall ever year. I did it last year, and apparently they all liked it, since they asked me yesterday if I would please organize it again. I'm starting to get fidgety with anticipation, so now is the perfect time to work on it.

Rather than a single group calendar, which can get very cluttered, I like to create separate "Gen Con 20XX" calendars for my wife and I in Google.  (Seems like you would know this, but just in case: any Google user can have and manage multiple calendars within their account).  I share them back and forth - she has view access to my Gen Con calendar and I have view and manage access to hers.  Then, from my phone, I can turn on or off the view of various calendars so as to zero in on who I want to see at any given time.

Caveat: It *does* require that you guide your group members through how to at least create the "Gen Con" calendar and give you management of it - but that doesn't take long to do over a phone call.

That's what I did this weekend.

Makes it also easy to share those calendars with other friends who are not part of my group.

Normal
Small
Posted by alittleparrott microwench

microwench wrote:
Anyone else have productive stuff they like to do to keep busy in the last couple weeks leading up to the con?
I always try to schedule fun little stuff leading up to the con.  Like this week, we're going to see a movie at our local botanical gardens and we're going to a concert later in the week. Next week we're going to a few beer tasting events and a game night.  This way, I'm able to focus on the "only 2 days till movie night" or "only 3 days until game night", instead of the 15 days that are left until Gen Con, and OMG WHY IS THAT NUMBER STILL SO BIG?!?! 

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Anyone else have productive stuff they like to do to keep busy in the last couple weeks leading up to the con?

Yeah, work extra hours so I can take the days off without worrying about projects lagging behind. :-)

Normal
Small
Posted by kidlidar

Last minute add ons to my family's cosplay (Mandalorian Armor)

Normal
Small
Posted by kellishaver buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
Anyone else have productive stuff they like to do to keep busy in the last couple weeks leading up to the con?

Yeah, work extra hours so I can take the days off without worrying about projects lagging behind. :-)

Oof. I can relate. I was going to take Weds.-Fri. off and my boss told me I could take Mon & Tues too if I wanted. So now I'm rushing to get more things done so I can do that without having a big pile of things when I get back or slowing down the rest of the team.

Normal
Small
Posted by tamwulf

Can't wait to see the pictures of the banners going up around Indy. There is a heightened sense of impending fun intruding into my consciousness. Over the next couple weeks, the local businesses I follow on Teh Facebooks will start banging the Gen Con drum. 

It really doesn't hit home for me until I get on a plane and run into others heading to Gen Con that I'm heading to An Epic Level Event. When I walk down the stairs at the Indy Airport and see that big "Welcome to Gen Con!" sign... yeah, then I've arrived.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager tamwulf

tamwulf wrote:
Can't wait to see the pictures of the banners going up around Indy. There is a heightened sense of impending fun intruding into my consciousness. Over the next couple weeks, the local businesses I follow on Teh Facebooks will start banging the Gen Con drum. 
It really doesn't hit home for me until I get on a plane and run into others heading to Gen Con that I'm heading to An Epic Level Event. When I walk down the stairs at the Indy Airport and see that big "Welcome to Gen Con!" sign... yeah, then I've arrived.
This is interesting to me. The flying crew has a completely different experience. We drive from Detroit to Indy, its about 4 hours. When we hit Ft. Wayne and start seeing signs for Indy it hits home. Then the whole rest of the drive is hype levels over 9000, then there is a calm finally made it when we pull into the hotel.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 3 4
1 3 4