When to wear my costume?
Normal
Small
Posted by paladinhero2000

I'm bringing my costume to the party but I'm not up to wearing it all day every day for four days.  Do people wear their cosplay costumes every day of the con or is Saturday the "big day" for dressing up?

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke

Saturday is the biggest day, but every day is a big day for cosplay.

Normal
Small
Posted by aj_27

Many people cosplay everyday, but in your case; the big day is Saturday. There is also a parade and contest on that day as well. 

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Remember that there is no place to store your costume if you get tired, so plan on wearing it all day unless you have a nearby room or parked car.

Normal
Small
Posted by bwd72

Also remember that the Vendor Hall is muy crowded, so if your costume has tentacles, spikes, or other sticky-outy bits, may want to keep it in your room on days you're going to spend a lot of time there.  

But definitely wear it as much as you reasonably can!!  More peeps dressed up == awesome!

Normal
Small
Posted by jevertt

That said, people appreciate seeing cosplay all the days of the con - so, if you're up for it, it's pretty much always well received. 

Normal
Small
Posted by rhone1

Not knowing how elaborate your costume is, I'd say wear it as often as you can.  As an attendee that does not dress up, I always look forward to seeing all the costumes at Gen Con and think it really adds a great element to the whole Con experience to see people in costume.

Normal
Small
Posted by xone0101 bwd72

bwd72 wrote:
Also remember that the Vendor Hall is muy crowded, so if your costume has tentacles, spikes, or other sticky-outy bits, may want to keep it in your room on days you're going to spend a lot of time there.  
But definitely wear it as much as you reasonably can!!  More peeps dressed up == awesome!

Completely off topic, but shout out to bwd for using the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight as a profile pic!

Normal
Small
Posted by kc2dpt

I usually have a heavy cosplay and a light cosplay so I can switch it up each day as I get tired or hot or the place gets crowded. A light cosplay would be just a jacket or hat. Heavy would be full outfit, special shoes, wig, etc. This way I can always be cosplaying. :)

New Post Sign in to write a new post.