What's the first thing you do when you get into town?
Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon

Besides checking into your hotel. Our flight gets in at 10 am. So most likely we will get our badges at noon and then head to Scotty's for lunch. 

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

Meet up with the others doing demos for our group. Then grocery store to stock for the weekend. 

Normal
Small
Posted by stevespikes

I'll check into my room around noon.  After that, grab my packet, then grab a bite somewhere. (Here's hoping the new sinkhole will be fixed before Gen Con.)

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust

I usually end up in town at around 3 p.m. (check-in time). I usually end up going to Circle Center Mall first to eat something and play in the arcade.

Prior to last year's GenCon it was straight to the ICC for Will Call because I arrived on Wednesday, but last year I discovered the benefits of arriving on Tuesday (less stressful first day in Indy), so I'm repeating that this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by brewski

Check into hotel then get badge. Grab an event book and go to the Ram.

Normal
Small
Posted by hahnarama stevespikes

stevespikes wrote:
I'll check into my room around noon.  After that, grab my packet, then grab a bite somewhere. (Here's hoping the new sinkhole will be fixed before Gen Con.)
I say  70% chance....they are working around Summer Celebration the next 2 weekends and M-F traffic 

Normal
Small
Posted by microwench

Hug friends, watch the guys act like goofballs. Unload car and get settled in the spare room. Sit around and visit for a while/stretch to get the kinks out from the 8-9 hour drive.

Normal
Small
Posted by aj_27

Get in line at Fern staging yard to get in line to unload for the booth. ;P 
Then set up booth, then play games :D

Normal
Small
Posted by ascantla

We get in about 8am Thursday morning, get to our Gate 10 parking then into ICC to see the ugly carpet again and breath in the atmosphere. Then we look for our first event. We always schedule our fist game while the hall opens so we're not in that mess, LOL. 

Normal
Small
Posted by dante_night

After a 12 hour road trip, unload into the hotel and crack some games.

Normal
Small
Posted by whisper721

Unfortunately I get in Thurs night about midnight to 2 am... so I unload.... shower... and crash for an early Fri Morning!!!!!!!

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

Check into hotel, collect and then distribute the Nascrag judges badges, get the big box of t-shirts from Indy and pull out the judge shirts to pass out in the morning.

Normal
Small
Posted by alittleparrott

We usually get in on Wednesday morning.  We'll see some family we have in town, then head over to the block party that evening, have a beer or two, then sit down to a nice dinner before all the wonderful, beautiful madness begins. 

Normal
Small
Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn?

Get to the hotel stupidly early (flight gets to Indy at 0530) & stash my bags with them.

Go get breakfast while waiting to be able to check in.

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon whisper721

whisper721 wrote:
Unfortunately I get in Thurs night about midnight to 2 am... so I unload.... shower... and crash for an early Fri Morning!!!!!!!

Sucks having to miss thursday.

Normal
Small
Posted by gfmorse

My buddy and I get from the airport to the convention center around noon on Thursday.  He never pays to have his badge shipped, so while he waits at Will Call I run around the exhibition floor to my "must see" vendors, then we grab lunch at Granite City before checking into our hotel/ dropping stuff off.

Normal
Small
Posted by pcorey

Will call, then lots of walking downtown including a trip to City Market for lunch.

Normal
Small
Posted by qwaserity gfmorse

gfmorse wrote:
My buddy and I get from the airport to the convention center around noon on Thursday.  He never pays to have his badge shipped, so while he waits at Will Call I run around the exhibition floor to my "must see" vendors, then we grab lunch at Granite City before checking into our hotel/ dropping stuff off.

There was a recent article that claimed that while money can't buy happiness; it can buy you time and people who pay to have more time for themselves are generally happier. I'll pay $10 a year every year to never stand in the Will Call line again.

Normal
Small
Posted by qwaserity

Park.
Walk.
Seminar.
10 am Wednesday.

Normal
Small
Posted by pcorey qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
gfmorse wrote:
There was a recent article that claimed that while money can't buy happiness; it can buy you time and people who pay to have more time for themselves are generally happier. I'll pay $10 a year every year to never stand in the Will Call line again.
I understand the sentiment, but will call isn't that bad. Gen Con has really figured out how to get people out of there efficiently.  I was through the line in 15 minutes last year.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post