What's the first thing you do when you get into town?
Normal
Small
Posted by musikfans1

Uh. Restroom break

Normal
Small
Posted by njseahawksfan

Fly in Friday am.  Check in to the hotel and hit up Scotty's for lunch and pick up my Pathfinder Mug for the year.  Back to the hotel then hit up the keg tapping party and bounce over the ICC to learn what games I'll be demoing ...

Normal
Small
Posted by garhkal qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
gfmorse wrote:
My buddy and I get from the airport to the convention center around noon on Thursday.  He never pays to have his badge shipped, so while he waits at Will Call I run around the exhibition floor to my "must see" vendors, then we grab lunch at Granite City before checking into our hotel/ dropping stuff off.
There was a recent article that claimed that while money can't buy happiness; it can buy you time and people who pay to have more time for themselves are generally happier. I'll pay $10 a year every year to never stand in the Will Call line again.

The LONGEST i remember waiting in the will call line, was just over 2 hrs..  Usually its not even 1 hr.  The last 3 years, its been averaging 30-45 min for me.. 
AND with the # of stories i've heard of others losing their badge/tickets in the mail, i'd rather the safety of it being at will call myself.

As for me.
Check in
Get car to gate 10.
Go to con, pick up badge/tickets at will call.
Find group i am gaming with, hold meeting (usually around 5-6pm).
GET a good solid meal at the indian restaurant just of illinois street..
Go back to hotel room, chill for a few hrs, while catching up with my internet stuff.  GET good shower/bath.  Go to sleep early.

Normal
Small
Posted by kellishaver

We'll make it to Indy sometime Wednesday afternoon and go grab stuff from Will Call (we had badges mailed, but we signed up for some events later on). 

After that we'll probably wander the ICC halls for a bit and then check into our hotel and go grab dinner some place near there. Then we have a Wednesday night LARP event. After that, it's back to the hotel to sleep so we can be back to the convention center early Thursday morning.

Which brings up a question... We're not staying in a downtown hotel. We have a parking pass through ParkWhiz for Thurs-Sun, but without reserved Wednesday parking, will we be able to park somewhere within walking distance of the ICC to pick up our stuff? 

Normal
Small
Posted by jpederso

Usually get in later on Wednesday.  After taking care of parking and Will Call, my son and I will walk around the ICC, enjoying the relatively quiet halls.  I'll get a picture of the Thursday auction schedule if it's posted.  I'll get some pics of new posters and other decorations that are up.  Last year I happened to run into Stefan Pokorny of Dwarven Forge as he was coming in with his luggage.  He was happy to pose for a picture.  Very cool.

Normal
Small
Posted by darkeldar

Hitting Indy earlier than I typically do on Wednesday, as I'm thinking about hitting the road right after my doctor's appointment.  Heading to ICC, picking up Will Call, and probably lunch at Slippery Noodle Inn and get their Island Jerk Chicken Sub. Not sure if I'm going to hang downtown or go check in at my outlying hotel. And hang it is, as I bought a ticket for the Walk the Moon concert at The Lawn at White River State Park, just a short walk from the ICC.

Normal
Small
Posted by trace_sl

Arrival somewhere between 3 to 5 PM - walk the convention center and then off to get something to eat.  This is a last big, nutritious and sit down meal as all the rest will be quick or late night.    

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon trace_sl

trace_sl wrote:
Arrival somewhere between 3 to 5 PM - walk the convention center and then off to get something to eat.  This is a last big, nutritious and sit down meal as all the rest will be quick or late night.    

We always make it a point to actually eat real food. Get less run down and less chance to catch con crud.

Normal
Small
Posted by alans

Scotty's for lunch, then check in to the hotel.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.