Initial weather forecasts for the Gen Con dates
Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

Raining all day.  The weather gods are getting it out of the system today in order to have a nice time for our visitors.

Normal
Small
Posted by rodoubleb

The resulting humidity will not be nice.  

Normal
Small
Posted by traveller

That's what the hamster trails are for...

Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000

I am going to die, coming from dry, cool Alberta weather. It's 30 C here though.

Normal
Small
Posted by klaron

As someone who works at a NOAA lab (Boulder, CO), the previous comment about predictions losing accuracy beyond 48-72 hours is absolutely correct, especially when it comes to precipitation.  The meteorologists I work with all take their jobs very seriously, but Mother Nature can always throw a wrinkle in their best models / predictions.

That said, here is downtown Indianapolis!
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.772470000000055&lon=-86.15787999999998

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

It's still pretty rainy and cloudy today, as some of the early birds will notice.  If it doesn't clear up soon, we're gonna have a lot of grumpy tourists.  Then again, you spend all your time inside, usually in a windowless room, so you probably won't notice the difference.

Normal
Small
Posted by rayken

klaron wrote:
As someone who works at a NOAA lab (Boulder, CO), the previous comment about predictions losing accuracy beyond 48-72 hours is absolutely correct, especially when it comes to precipitation.  The meteorologists I work with all take their jobs very seriously, but Mother Nature can always throw a wrinkle in their best models / predictions.
That said, here is downtown Indianapolis!
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.772470000000055&lon=-86.15787999999998

Like I said initially, there was no point in predicting beyond 7-8 days because it's basically random guesses. Not even close to reality as we can see now. I think the one person arguing with me didn't like me calling forecasts 7-8 days out "trash."

From the 7-8 day out prediction, we had cloudy/rainy/thunderstorms on Wed/Thurs/Fri, and now 2 days out, we have sunny, warm, and humid on Thurs, Fri, and Saturday. Literally totally opposite.

And now we can comfortably say that Thursday and Friday are going to be sunny and warm. 

Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000

That's perfect?

New Post Sign in to write a new post.