PARKING FOR GENCON
Normal
Small
Posted by gatetenevents

HI! 

There's Parking available at www.affordableindyeventparking.com 
We Will be lending shuttles to this parking lot! 
Only a 5 minute walk to Gate Ten's Event Center. 
Hurry up! This parking is going fast!

Normal
Small
Posted by ascantla

are you doing shuttles to ALL your parking lots this year?

Normal
Small
Posted by gatetenevents

All lots except for 230 West McCarty St will have shuttles, but if you need a shuttle and you are parking at 230 West McCarty St shuttles will be available at our lot across the street

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

I have a 4-day parking ticket for the 230 W McCarthy lot, and there seems to be a bit of a discrepancy between what was in the "Event" description, and what I'm reading here. 

First, the ticket says there is shuttle service from the lot; it does not say anything about having to walk to a different lot to get the shuttle.  Second, the description says the lot opens at 12:01am Thursday, but in another thread someone they called Gate 10, and you guys said that the ticket is effective at 8am on the day the ticket starts, not at midnight.

So, what's correct?

Normal
Small
Posted by jedikitty

That lot didn't have shuttle service last year, either, even though the description said it did. I think they used the same description for all the parking passes, which has definitely caused some confusion this year. (like the Wed-Sun pass saying the lot doesn't open until Thursday, for example)

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot jedikitty

jedikitty wrote:
That lot didn't have shuttle service last year, either, even though the description said it did. I think they used the same description for all the parking passes, which has definitely caused some confusion this year. (like the Wed-Sun pass saying the lot doesn't open until Thursday, for example)
Yeah, that's why I called to double-check on the time for when we could pull into our parking lot, and was told 8 am on the day our ticket started. I was told the McCarthy lot was the closest and also available for shuttles - I guess this would be technically accurate, but you'd have to walk across the lot/to the next street over to get to one then?

Normal
Small
Posted by ascantla saberpilot

saberpilot wrote:
jedikitty wrote:
Yeah, that's why I called to double-check on the time for when we could pull into our parking lot, and was told 8 am on the day our ticket started. I was told the McCarthy lot was the closest and also available for shuttles - I guess this would be technically accurate, but you'd have to walk across the lot/to the next street over to get to one then?
It's interesting that they don't tell you this in the description and still charge you the same as the other lot. Last year we weren't told until the day we showed up on the lot that this was a no shuttle parking area, we were told we had to walk to the convention center. We have a parent that loves to go and game, and the only reason they continue to go at age 63 is that we have shuttle service available. It wasn't until day 2 that WE figured out about walking the block to the other lot to catch the service. by that time they had already gave up on their 4 day badge for the year. we tried contacting Gate10 several times about this when we arrived and were brushed off, or rudely told that there was no shuttle service and to start walking.

Normal
Small
Posted by saberpilot ascantla

ascantla wrote:It's interesting that they don't tell you this in the description and still charge you the same as the other lot. Last year we weren't told until the day we showed up on the lot that this was a no shuttle parking area, we were told we had to walk to the convention center. We have a parent that loves to go and game, and the only reason they continue to go at age 63 is that we have shuttle service available. It wasn't until day 2 that WE figured out about walking the block to the other lot to catch the service. by that time they had already gave up on their 4 day badge for the year. we tried contacting Gate10 several times about this when we arrived and were brushed off, or rudely told that there was no shuttle service and to start walking.
That's not cool at all. We stayed in the lot last year, but didn't see shuttles. It's only after reading forums and such this year that we've figured it out. We're lucky enough to be in a connected hotel, but it's nice to have options. If we had someone who needed it, I would be as incensed as you are. I know they work on a time table, but a little bit of proofreading only takes a few moments and likely would save a lot of confusion. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.