Banners? Anyone? Banners??
Normal
Small
Posted by alittleparrott

Anyone know if the banners are up yet?  I've accepted that fact that I'm just not going to get anything done at work at this point.... so where those banners at???

Normal
Small
Posted by niblum

Nothing up this morning when I drove by

Normal
Small
Posted by nesbit37

Maybe they cut the banners as part of the new environmentally conscious stance?

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

I checked last week and again on Tuesday.  No banners.  I went right up to the convention center.

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Maybe the municipal workers are too busy filling the sinkholes. ;-)

Normal
Small
Posted by kiyote

Man, seeing the banners go up has always been my cue to really get excited about going!  awwww

Normal
Small
Posted by alittleparrott buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
Maybe the municipal workers are too busy filling the sinkholes. ;-)
zing!

Normal
Small

Drove past the convention center (and straight into an on ramp to I-70 that I did not want to take) yesterday after work.  No banners.  I'm guessing there won't be any this year.  They'll probably start setting up  for the convention on Monday so maybe I can stop by and get a few preliminary shots.

Normal
Small
Posted by nscott

Walked around the convention center last night before the baseball game..no banners. You would think they would at least take down the ones from the group that was there from july 3rd -6th.

Normal
Small
Posted by lmengsol

My guess is that they are maximizing their labor costs. GenCon banners will go up on Monday as they take down the old ones from July 3-6th. 

Normal
Small

Checked yesterday afternoon.  Still zilch.

Normal
Small
Posted by yog-sothoth in jersey lord thrifty the cromulent

mstabosz wrote:
Checked yesterday afternoon.  Still zilch.

Normal
Small
Posted by yog-sothoth in jersey alittleparrott

alittleparrott wrote:
Anyone know if the banners are up yet?  I've accepted that fact that I'm just not going to get anything done at work at this point.... so where those banners at???

I’m surprised they didn’t hang the banners today.  Can we get a local update?

Sorry for the double post.  I have stubby finger syndrome.

Normal
Small
Posted by hahnarama alittleparrott

alittleparrott wrote:
Well today's driving rain and traffic nightmare downtown from the garage fire is probably why

Normal
Small
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Sinkholes, garage fires, what’s next, Sharknado?

Normal
Small
Posted by brooks

I was more thinking we've had Earth (sinkholes,) Fire (car fires,) and now Water (flooding.) 

I hate to think what Air might bring us. 

Then again, Air might just be that Sharnado. 

Normal
Small
Posted by hahnarama buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
Sinkholes, garage fires, what’s next, Sharknado?
Cthulhu

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop brooks

brooks wrote:
I was more thinking we've had Earth (sinkholes,) Fire (car fires,) and now Water (flooding.) 
I hate to think what Air might bring us. 
Then again, Air might just be that Sharnado. 

But what about Heart? everyone forgets about Heart, but without it, it can't summon Captain Cthulhu and the Wreckateers

Normal
Small
Posted by rbernd

Drove past the ICC on my way to work this morning and the banners were up along West Street.

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent rbernd

rbernd wrote:
Drove past the ICC on my way to work this morning and the banners were up along West Street.
Are you sure it was Gencon?  I was just at the convention center and the white banners for the Auxilaries in Missionary from early July were still up.

The convention center is so exciting on the Tuesday before Gencon.  You can see it springing to life.  Displays are being set up.  Dealer hall is full of pallets of stuff but still under construction.  A few early birds mill about.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post