So who’s left already for Gencon?
Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon

Wish we were already on our way but I’ve got to work tomorrow and Monday and our flight doesn’t leave till 7 am on Wednesday.

Normal
Small
Posted by loon

I flew out Friday, but have a wedding in Michigan over the weekend, so won't actually be in Indy until Tuesday.

Normal
Small
Posted by cxdieker44

leaving this monday.

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

I like to leave good and well in advance.  I came out here in early October 2016.

Normal
Small
Posted by traveller

I'm checked out already, does that count?

Normal
Small
Posted by dragonheart

Started our drive from South Florida Saturday morning.  Stopping over in GA to see family a couple days and will be arriving in Indy on Monday evening.  We always stay Monday-Monday.  

Normal
Small
Posted by hahnarama

Does leaving my house on Monday to drive downtown to game count? 

Normal
Small
Posted by aldctjoc traveller

traveller wrote:I'm checked out already, does that count?

Yeah, this. I've pretty much been there in spirit for the last two weeks now. :)

Normal
Small
Posted by alittleparrott aldctjoc

aldctjoc wrote:

Yeah, this. I've pretty much been there in spirit for the last two weeks now. :)
same! We dont leave for another 2 days. 

Normal
Small
Posted by stevespikes

I'm doing my laundry and the packing tomorrow, and I'll arrive Wednesday afternoon. 

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon alittleparrott

alittleparrott wrote:
aldctjoc wrote:

I almost booked us to come in on Tuesday and decided not to because all our friends are coming in on Wednesday but now I wish I had just went ahead with Tuesday. Wait is killing me. 

Normal
Small
Posted by kellishaver lordnlkon

lordnlkon wrote:
alittleparrott wrote:
aldctjoc wrote:

I almost booked us to come in on Tuesday and decided not to because all our friends are coming in on Wednesday but now I wish I had just went ahead with Tuesday. Wait is killing me. 
Same here. I was originally going to only take Weds-Fri off work, but ended up taking the whole week. Now I'm wishing I'd booked the hotel starting on Tuesday so we could do more Wednesday stuffs and generally feel less rushed.

Oh well, it saves money on kennels, hotel rooms, and food...  more cash for buying games, I guess?

Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000

I leave tomorrow. Edmonton to Vancouver to Chicago to Cincinnati. Crummy connection but I use my Aeroplan points. 10 hours.

Normal
Small
Posted by alittleparrott lordnlkon

lordnlkon wrote:
alittleparrott wrote:
aldctjoc wrote:

We actually won't arrive in Indy until Wednesday. we have a 9 hour drive, so we're breaking it up. Stopping in Louisville Tuesday night, then it's only 2 hours to Indy on Wednesday morning. Honestly, I kind of wish we could have just left this past weekend, but my partner has to work today and tomorrow. 

Normal
Small
Posted by braewe

We are here! Miserable day of driving yesterday though. 

Belleville, il to Muskegon, mi to visit friends and family.

Muskegon to Indy.

Person driving(my daughter) then drive BACK toBelleville since she couldn't attend this year(New job).

Total drive time for her was 21 hours, total time overall 26 hours.

And all she wants is me to bring her back some dice.

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent don_1000

don_1000 wrote:
I leave tomorrow. Edmonton to Vancouver to Chicago to Cincinnati. Crummy connection but I use my Aeroplan points. 10 hours.
Chicago is almost as close to Indianapolis as Cincinnati is.  Why didn't you just stop there?

Normal
Small
Posted by elvinlord

A short 4 hours tomorrow then I am out of here. 

Normal
Small
Posted by roundtop

14 hours until my flight. Yvr->sea ->ind

Normal
Small
Posted by darkeldar

Would have seriously thought about heading out this evening, but I have a first thing doctor's appointment, that I made before I knew I was coming to GenCon this year. 90% packed, and make a quick stop home just in case I missed something.  Then hit the road.  Not as long of a drive as others.

Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000 lord thrifty the cromulent

mstabosz wrote:
don_1000 wrote:
Chicago is almost as close to Indianapolis as Cincinnati is.  Why didn't you just stop there?
Chicago is popular and all booked up for the summer using loyalty points. I literally made up my mind to go a week ago. Next time I shall plan further ahead.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post