Will Call where to park for a short time?
Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000

First timer, so I understand it is better to get one's badge on Wednesday afternoon? Can I park at Circle Center Mall and pay the $3 for 3 hour parking, then walk to the ICC? No idea where else to park (cheaply).

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

It's not really better to go on Wednesday afternoon.  The line is pretty long.  I don't see any reason not to just pick up your badge on Thursday before all your events.  It'll only take 30 minutes at most and I doubt it will take that long on Thursday.

Normal
Small
Posted by ulrichvonbeck

I've always picked my badge up on Wednesday night.  Even though the line looks awful, it moves really quickly.  I don't think I've ever waited more than about 40 minutes, and it's usually less.  I've never regretted the Wednesday pickup when I see the lines on Thursday morning.  I'm sure if you time it right, you could have a shorter wait, but I'm content to get my badge Wednesday.

Also, the public garages have signs up, so if you're OK driving 1 way streets until you find something you'll have many options.  I can't comment on the prices doing it that way though.

Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000

Now i am all confused as when to pick up. I do save as I already have a parking space on Thursday though. What time are the respective will call openings?

Normal
Small
Posted by cman811

If you can pick it up Wednesday I suggest do it.  Will Call is open 24 hrs starting at Noon Wednesday.  The line can look deceptively long but even when it gets to out near the ccg hall it's only a 30 minute wait.  

Normal
Small
Posted by voice_of_reason

+1 on Picking up on Wednesday if you can.  While you're there, grab a program so you can read it over when you're back at your room.  Take some time to walk the convention halls while you're there and get an idea of where everything is.  On Thursday, you'll be glad you did.

I would even encourage you to plan for more than 3 hours and 1)Pick up your badge, 2) Scope out the convention center, and 3) go to The Ram or Scotty's for dinner/beer & a game.  Time/desire permitting, I'd also go over to Union Station for The Stink.  While it is a free ticketed event, you just need the tickets for swag and there are plenty of great people to meet and open tables for free gaming.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.