Which street do I enter from?
Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000

Simple stuff like this, I can't seem to find on the website. Do I enter on the same side for Will Call as for the convention? Sorry if I missed it.

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

The convention center has like a billion entrances and takes up an entire city block.  You can enter from any of them. 

The entrances from the Circle Center Mall/Hyatt skyway are close.  I believe the entrance around the corner of Capitol and Maryland are closest.

Normal
Small
Posted by don_1000 lord thrifty the cromulent

mstabosz wrote:
The convention center has like a billion entrances and takes up an entire city block.  You can enter from any of them. 
The entrances from the Circle Center Mall/Hyatt skyway are close.  I believe the entrance around the corner of Capitol and Maryland are closest.
Thanks. I will come in for Will Call from Circle Center Mall on Capitol Street around 12 Noon. For the convention I park at Kentucky, so will come in on West Street. If I am wrong please tell me as it is my first time.

Normal
Small
Posted by rogersba

This might help:

https://www.gencon.com/map?lt=-28.359984824037397&lg=49.59537506103516&z=4&f=1&c=14

Keep in mind that south is at the top of this map. West Street is on the right.

Coming in from the mall will be the closest entrance to Will Call. Take the escalators down and everything is right there. The convention center's signs call this the Wabash East hallway.

Walking up from Kentucky Avenue, you can head north and enter at the corner or West and Maryland, closest to Hall A. That's the start of the main gaming hall.

Alternately, you can walk from the end of Kentucky east on South St along the front of Lucas Oil Stadium. You can enter the convention center at the corner of South and Capitol, right across from the stadium entrance. That hallway (Capitol Concourse) leads to the dealer hall. Or, you can go into the stadium entrance for another gigantic gaming hall.

You can get anywhere within the convention center and stadium without going outside. There will be fellow gamers, Gen Con staff and volunteers, and security staff throughout who can point you in the right direction.

Normal
Small
Posted by jm.spellslinger don_1000

don_1000 wrote:
mstabosz wrote:
Thanks. I will come in for Will Call from Circle Center Mall on Capitol Street around 12 Noon. For the convention I park at Kentucky, so will come in on West Street. If I am wrong please tell me as it is my first time.

Keep in mind that there will be thousands of geeks walking around with gen con badges. It will be easier to find your way into the building than you are imagining. Now, once you get into the building...that’s a different story. 

Normal
Small
Posted by lordnlkon

It really doesn't matter. If you know where the building is, you'll easily find an entrance, as there are a lot of them. 

Normal
Small
Posted by aegoce

Does anybody know which entrances to Lucas Oil at street level are available for the con?  I've always entered from the tunnel before, but am in a hotel down there this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by austicke aegoce

aegoce wrote:Does anybody know which entrances to Lucas Oil at street level are available for the con?

The entrance here.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.